The Student Room Group

Are men or women more abusive in relationships?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fatima1998
c'mon mate, men r more violent in relationships than women and it's obvious... i have seen and heard about many relationship experiences suggests that men are violent

That's actually what's called 'Anecdotal' evidence and can be affected by things like confirmation bias and the like. Hopefully, the study was free of that. Anecdotal evidence isn't really something that belongs in a discussion like this.(Says the man who brought up the gender of inanimate objects.)
Reply 21
Original post by samina_ay
This can't be decided without proper research and half of the time participants lie which distorts the findings. Don't think we'll ever know what goes on behind closed doors in relationships.

Are you suggesting some inherent bias in respondents' views on relationships? Surely there are equal males and females on this site so where would the discrepancy lie?
Reply 22
Original post by xylas
Well no one's chosen that option yet so maybe it isn't flawed!

true true
Original post by Mancini
You are stupid lol

same to u :smile:
Original post by Mancini
if you ever spoke to a feminist or read any feminist writing, feminazi literature you really would think it's a competition.

I've never seen a group so ready to be victims. If they had an olympics for self victimization the feminists would win all the gold medals.

Be fair at the time when feminism started women were definitely more often victims of domestic violence than men, people forget that if you read an article by a feminist from a while ago it might seem extreme or maybe even irrelevant in the present day but be fair when it was written it was completely relevant and it did serve as a voice for oppressed women. Don't **** on what they've done for women over history.
Reply 25
same to u :smile:

At 17 you know the world lol get real.
Reply 26
Original post by Little Popcorns
Be fair at the time when feminism started women were definitely more often victims of domestic violence than men, people forget that if you read an article by a feminist from a while ago it might seem extreme or maybe even irrelevant in the present day but be fair when it was written it was completely relevant and it did serve as a voice for oppressed women. Don't **** on what they've done for women over history.

What gibberish!

They've turned women into self victimizing machines it's laughable.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm pretty certain it's men.

Quite simply men have more power to be abusive because of their superior physical strength. I would assume it is rarer for a woman to be intimidating and abusive towards a man.

Perhaps men who abuse women are more 'in your face', while women who abuse men are more subtle and insidious.
Original post by xylas
Please do the following:

1) Answer the title question in your head (no sitting on the fence!)
2) Check the spoiler below to see if it agrees with you
3) Place the truthful statement in the poll above
(also I *intentionally* made the fourth option to check people are taking this seriously :colondollar:)

Spoiler

Also feel free to discuss the question in this thread and any implications it may have on your life.

Edit: Looks like we're getting some very clear results early on. Very interesting I must say :redface:
Edit2: Which absolute numpty voted the fourth option? :colone:

Not surprised.

Whenever she's really mad at me, my gf will sometimes hit me....then when I grab her and make her stop, she complains I'm hurting her lol

if I could hit her back and not do jail time I would, but if for whatever reason I do in future ever choose to hit her, you can be sure its going to hurt
(edited 8 years ago)
there are many young girls who have been sexually abused by their fathers... neighbours etc...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsFueFN0ApE
Original post by xylas
I didn't actually make this thread just from my brain, a discussion with someone on another thread naturally led to me seeking opinions from others.

Because if you want to sit on a fence get off your device and go outside!

I know I saw where it started that makes it even more pathetic you just wanted to win the little tiff you were having with the other poster at the expense of a serious issue.

If you want to sit on the fence get outside??? "Yeah mate if you want to be fair and concerned about the issue of domestic violence in a balanced way rather than making into a trivial matter then leave.. go on get outa my pub, otherwise I'll have to make you into another statistic" :lol:
Reply 31
there are many young girls who have been sexually abused by their fathers... neighbours etc...

So what ?

Women can not only abuse men in their lives they can also abuse children so please don't go pointing fingers.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
What gibberish!

They've turned women into self victimizing machines it's laughable.

Self victimised machines? Yeah... erm...yeah.

Yeah.

Yeah.

Machines.

you realise this thread is about male and female romantic relationships, right.
Reply 34
Original post by stefano865
I'm pretty certain it's men.

Quite simply men have more power to be abusive because of their superior physical strength. I would assume it is rarer for a woman to be intimidating and abusive towards a man.

Perhaps men who abuse women are more 'in your face', while women who abuse men are more subtle and insidious.

Interesting viewpoint, that probably is one of the reasons.
Original post by Mancini
At 17 you know the world lol get real.

there are many people out there who may have more knowledge more than you even if they are young e.g. 12 because they have been through physically abuse or sexually abuse and they know how it feels...
it doesn't matter how old are you, it's all the expearince you had in the past.
Reply 36
Original post by Apollyon.
Not surprised.

Whenever she's really mad at me, my gf will sometimes hit me....then when I grab her and make her stop, she complains I'm hurting her lol

if I could hit her back and not do jail time I would, but if for whatever reason I do in future ever choose to hit her, you can be sure its going to hurt

Get help.
Reply 37

"discuss the question in this thread and any implications it may have on your life"

How is this relevant?
Reply 38
Original post by Little Popcorns
I know I saw where it started that makes it even more pathetic you just wanted to win the little tiff you were having with the other poster at the expense of a serious issue.

If you want to sit on the fence get outside??? "Yeah mate if you want to be fair and concerned about the issue of domestic violence in a balanced way rather than making into a trivial matter then leave.. go on get outa my pub, otherwise I'll have to make you into another statistic" :lol:

Actually you couldn't be more wrong. There was no argument the other poster agreed with me and gave me rep.

If you don't like any of this then 1) calm down 2) leave my thread
Reply 39
there are many people out there who may have more knowledge more than you even if they are young e.g. 12 because they have been through physically abuse or sexually abuse and they know how it feels...
it doesn't matter how old are you, it's all the expearince you had in the past.

Since when did being sexually abused give someone great knowledge ? Wtf am I reading here?

They may know how sexual abuse feels but they don't have great knowledge lool

You know when I mentioned competitive self victimizing feminists, you are definetly one of them lool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending