Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I able to drop a subject Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, im just wondering if its immposible to drop a subject as my deuty head and teaches have said it's immposible.

I'm curently in 6th year and ive been forced to take national 5 goeography, I currently have the qualifications I need for college. I am also doing 4 other subjects with no free periods, which I feel like I need since I wanted to drop one of my subjects last year and ended up failing all my exams, the deputy head is hanging this over me saying "you realise you need to do better this year" which I find is just trying to put me down. Does anyone have any help to offer please!!

No, it's not impossible. But if you do drop N5 geography what are you going to do with your time? What are the other subjects you're taking? I can then give you my best advice. What is it you want to do at college?

ReputationRep:
    I know there's not too long left in this academic session and normally I'd say wait it out but if you're not happy and you've said you feel like you will perform poorly academically with this heavy workload is there any reason to drop only geography? If you'd rather finish your final year I'd say go for it but if you aren't able to do what is best for you and you can get into college just now would you not rather drop out rather than put yourself through the exam stress?
    Edit: Or I suppose you could continue attending the subject but with the intention not to sit the final exam and, as the qualification is not required thus remove the stress and free up more time to focus on your other subjects?

ReputationRep:
    Flunk the prelim and they'll put you on sweeps. Then you're freeeeeeee to sit in that class and work on other ****/register and go to your schools library

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonixfeather3)
    Flunk the prelim and they'll put you on sweeps. Then you're freeeeeeee to sit in that class and work on other ****/register and go to your schools library
    I wish, my school still forces people to work in clasd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulptrix)
    I wish, my school still forces people to work in clasd.
    Really? Depends on the teacher at my school. If you get a nice one, they'll let you piss of to the library once you've said hello. Others let you sit and don't bother you as long as you look like you're working at least haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.