Girl gave me her number but I didn't ask for it Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Is this a good sign of interest?

We met at university through a society. I had seen her before and she's friends with some of my friends but we never really talked until recently. The other day I saw her in one of the computer rooms doing some work, I was gonna do some work too so we chatted briefly. I told her I was gonna go to my friend's party later and I asked her if she wanted to join me. She said she was going out with her friends but she said she wouldn't mind coming after. She then gave me her number, then I gave her mine and said "I'll text you if I can make it".

Given the context of this scenario, is she only giving me her number because of the invite? I quite like this girl too and it just seems odd that she would give her number to me.
GUMI
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well i think she definitely sees something in you or she wouldnt have given u her number or expressed any interest in the party at all.
Badges: 16
Report 3 years ago
It can be difficult to determine whether she has given you the number only based on the invitation. The only thing I can think of right now is how she actually reacted to your question. You will need to proceed further, sir.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Macy1998
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
She wants you to call her? She gave you her phone number willfully and you have an excuse to use it? Do call and see how it works out.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Macy1998)
She wants you to call her? She gave you her phone number willfully and you have an excuse to use it? Do call and see how it works out.
I messaged her that night but she couldn't make it in time, the party was almost over when she was.
Swanbow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
She probably has some interest in you. And also probably wanted to go to the party.
Shygirl007
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends on how she acts around you.
If she doesn't seem nervous Or shy around she could just see you as a friend since she's comfortable around you. Unless she's a bold girl of course!

I'd never be bold enough to exchange numbers with a guy I had a crush on unless he initiated it. I'm just too scared/paranoid that it'd be that obvious that I like him and he can see through my tactic of using class as an excuse to have his #
Granted I also just keep the text convos about school because I'm afraid he'll reject my attempts at getting to know him better
jamesthehustler
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is this a good sign of interest?

We met at university through a society. I had seen her before and she's friends with some of my friends but we never really talked until recently. The other day I saw her in one of the computer rooms doing some work, I was gonna do some work too so we chatted briefly. I told her I was gonna go to my friend's party later and I asked her if she wanted to join me. She said she was going out with her friends but she said she wouldn't mind coming after. She then gave me her number, then I gave her mine and said "I'll text you if I can make it".

Given the context of this scenario, is she only giving me her number because of the invite? I quite like this girl too and it just seems odd that she would give her number to me.
i got this in different circumstances but i was talking to a girl on my school bus and she gave me her number and we then had a 2 year relationship which ended when she left the country
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...045ce9ad65.jpg
username1726117
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Difficult to interpret, but regardless of why she did it...it's always a good sign if the girl takes the initiative.
StressedMedic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you are in first year people share numbers all the time. It was literally like handing your phone out to strangers for numbers in case you guys become friends in the future for my university.

I think you are over thinking it and need more interaction to decide whether she likes you or not. Keep in mind some people are very open and there's nothing bad with a party except for the clean up the next day.
Desserts66
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Swanbow)
She probably has some interest in you. And also probably wanted to go to the party.
Awh, youre so sweet, youre an extrovert and you think you know it all
Sad, really
Swanbow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Desserts66)
Awh, youre so sweet, youre an extrovert and you think you know it all
Sad, really
Right..... :lol:

Man asked for opinion and I offered it. Not much else to it really.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
This happened to me once. Later found out I missed out on a potentially good night.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (152)
19.26%
Labour (400)
50.7%
Liberal Democrats (109)
13.81%
Green Party (42)
5.32%
Brexit Party (10)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.51%
SNP (14)
1.77%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.51%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.76%
SDLP (1)
0.13%
Ulster Unionist (4)