Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I have an interview for Nursing in Northumbria on the 1st Feb and am stressing for the group interview as they only pick 1 or 2 out of the 4. I wanted to know if anyone has any tips for this interview process? I'd be ever so grateful!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shannonmcn8)
    Hi all, I have an interview for Nursing in Northumbria on the 1st Feb and am stressing for the group interview as they only pick 1 or 2 out of the 4. I wanted to know if anyone has any tips for this interview process? I'd be ever so grateful!
    Hi there. I saw this on an unanswered thread board and thought I may be able to help. Although not from Northumbria, we offer Adult Nursing at QMU so I have some knowledge from that process I could impart
    If you've not already, you may also want to post something on the Northumbria forums directly: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=780

What we are mainly looking for is to ensure the person/people we are selecting fit the 'good health and good character' criteria set our by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC). So we want to ensure the skills required to be a Nurse are shown (communication, empathy, ability to deal with difficult situations etc.). We conduct a group interview session where candidates will be observed to assess things like communication, team working etc. You may also have an individual 1:1 part where they may ask about experiences from the personal statement.

I often advise people to re-read their personal statement before going along - remind yourself what you said you've done! Refresh your memory so you don't go in and have a complete blank. The main part though, it to get a sense of who you are and will you fit well into the program - so just be yourself!

Best of luck with the applications!
    Charlotte
    (Official QMU TSR Rep)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.