Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you allow your 15 year old daughter to have sex in her room? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Would you allow your 15 year old daughter to have sex in her room?
    Yes
    24.31%
    No
    75.69%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    And what's your evidence for this? Do you know me or the other people who disagree with you about this personally?

Who made you the authority on what counts as love?
    LOL tell me how did I know to expect a response from you Hydeman. If you only knew how I patiently waited for your opposing comments dude that always address your disagreements with my statements. This took longer than usual on a serious note, greetings, how are you? How's it going?

Speaking about your comments, opinions are not facts. I gave my opinion just like everyone else.Opinions are a mixture of things, personal observations, mixed with personal beliefs etc. Facts are standard, fixed and are applicable to everyone. My opinions are not applicable to everyone, likewise the same for the other opposing opinions on here. Some may keep this notion, I hope not but it doesn't mean that they will not change or change their opinions.
    Even with me here, though I am saying this, none of us could be certain until we actually have a child and are actually in this situation. Everything we are saying here is hypothetical. But from what I do know, many of us most likely will change. Our parent's views from when they were teenagers most likely changed/ developed and changed with experience, time and in actually becoming parents. When my father was 18, he didn't even want to have kids but here I am today. People change, I will change. My opinion on this matter may even change I don't know. But I stand firm in saying, there's a good chance of those agreeing with this for their opinions to change once they actually have children.

There is no solid definition for what love really is. Love is abstract to be honest. What I explained of love being was through my own understanding. My family loves me and the have sacrificed a lot for me; even with unrequited love there is sacrifice. Love isn't selfish from what I have witnessed but selfless. Your views may differ. I am not saying I have the authority to say what counts as love as I am not all knowing with infinite knowledge and wisdom. I will say though from what I have witnessed, along with the others I have spoken to on this matter, one thing we have all agreed in even with different backgrounds, cultures, beliefs, religions is that love is sacrificial.

And example is with marriage and its typical vows. Marriage is meant to be a union couples do to show their lifelong commitment and love towards each other. Loving someone in sickness and in heath, for better or for worse or just in hard times isn't easy. Even with relationships outside of marriage where couples hope to be with each other for a lifetime, sacrifice will need to be made because life it's self isn't easy, it's not always roses and petals. I believe love is loving someone even if you couldn't even have sex with them. Love is bigger than sex. If someone said they 'loved me' fine, let's see how you feel after you've experienced the years wait with me until marriage. This is my view. Life is quite rough, at least for me it is. I can see the possible sacrifices I would have to make in loving a guy. But good things need work, I would happily make those sacrifices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrotskyiteRebel)
    So someone told me that she used to have sex with her boyfriend at 15 years old while her parents were home. And that sometimes he stayed over. In that moment i tried to imagine my own future daughter and I really really tried to be liberal and open minded and that but I gathered I can not in any ways allow my daughter to have sex in my house. I will probably go kill the boyfriend with a hammer and watch him die. I don't care that I'll go to prison or anything. Would you allow that to happen?
    u best know his getting smacked up - im not the person to take any1's life..

ReputationRep:
    I;d say it depends on who the boy was if he was wealthy or a prince then go for it otherwise i'd say allow it

ReputationRep:
    I think our biggest fear is our daughters (theoretical) losing that... well, to put it bluntly, innocence about them. I can imagine parents watching them grow up and seeing them as entirely sweet and innocent until 15/16 when this topic rears its head. I doubt some parents want to comprehend and I can share that mentality, but it's gonna be done sooner or later - just like what most of us have been through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You can educate your children about sex without them having sex in your house..
    Most teenage relationships do not last so i'd rather my teenage daughter not have sex with a probable horny douchebag.
    Exactly! I tried liking your comment but the darn thing wouldn't let me. That bit in bold is so true, thanks for stating this.

(Original post by Cherry82)
    on a serious note, greetings, how are you? How's it going?
    I'm good, it's going good, thanks. What about you?

Even with me here, though I am saying this, none of us could be certain until we actually have a child and are actually in this situation. Everything we are saying here is hypothetical.
    Hmm, I'll concede this point.

But I stand firm in saying, there's a good chance of those agreeing with this for their opinions to change once they actually have children.
    Stick with the original challenge -- I'll be expecting your life savings in twenty years or so.

I will say though from what I have witnessed, along with the others I have spoken to on this matter, one thing we have all agreed in even with different backgrounds, cultures, beliefs, religions is that love is sacrificial.
    Sex that isn't one-sided jackrabbit sex does have an element of 'giving', if you know what I'm getting at. :rolleyes: It's primarily lust, but I don't see what's wrong with having sex just for the pleasure of it either, so long as it's safe and mutually pleasurable.

People have sexual needs quite independently of any romantic feelings for their partner, although I can see how sex enhances the romantic relationship by generating a kind of closeness.

Anyway, I certainly don't accept that teenagers as a category incapable of knowing what love is.

I believe love is loving someone even if you couldn't even have sex with them. Love is bigger than sex. [...] This is my view.
    I simply disagree. Sex is part of a loving relationship unless one or more of the people in it are asexual. It's not simply an accessory to love.

ReputationRep:
    No. Teenagers can't be trusted. And you're basically a child at that age, so shouldn't even contemplate sex, no matter how "mature" you are.

(Original post by NoPunInThisName)
    I think our biggest fear is our daughters (theoretical) losing that... well, to put it bluntly, innocence about them. I can imagine parents watching them grow up and seeing them as entirely sweet and innocent until 15/16 when this topic rears its head. I doubt some parents want to comprehend and I can share that mentality, but it's gonna be done sooner or later - just like what most of us have been through.
    Good post. Repped.

ReputationRep:
    I never thought I'd get too personally on this site but I suppose to back-up my poorly composed point, I lost my virginity at 15 and didn't prepare well enough for it. It was slightly rushed and I wish I could have made it a more special occasion.

I don't think I lost my innocence (despite being male) in all that though, we're all the same people before and after it happens - we just live to experience new things and this is one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, we all know your daughter will be 14 getting rimmed in the park by some 20 year old after a bottle of lambrini with that kind of parenting, my parents were the exact same, still are an I'm almost 22 now but luckily I have enough self respect an waited til I was 'of age'
    You do shiz like that to your kids an they will resent you and have no trust in you what so ever.
    So long as they're safe and you know WHO the're seeing, you shouldn't have a problem.

I feel insulted by that and I have complained. My daughter or whoever should not be brought into this. I didn't insult anyone. I didn't mention you or anyone. I was talking about something that involves my family. I'll wait for the mods to take action...

Things like this can cause you serious trouble. You can hide but you can't hide forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)

Nice to know you're good, same here. I'm kind of slacking on revision though so I need to take a break from TSR lol.
    'Stick with the original challenge -- I'll be expecting your life savings in twenty years or so' haha ok we'll see. You never know though, imagine if your opinion on this matter really does change? Not that any thing will happen or that it changing is a bad thing but I'm just stating it out there. Speaking while being in the situation is different from speaking hypothetically.

Yea, I understand what you mean, I do. And yes people are already having consensual sex just for pleasure but it doesn't always end as some expect. We beings have emotions, it's always for some reason more complicated that we expect. If love is out of the equation and it's pure pleasure, using friends with benefits as an example...the ending result can be quite tragic. One person somehow ends up having feelings while the other person doesn't feel the same way leaving the person who has feelings heartbroken. This is why I try to avoid getting myself involved with such dealings because I've seen it happen too many times. Yes, there are some who could do this but I know it definitely won't be me. Lol I'm still hung over my first kiss and baby crushes.

Anyhoo, this is why I am against these types of relations.
    Having sex just for pleasure is awesome if you can assure both of these individuals would be ok afterwards. In a perfect world this would be the case but we don't live in a perfect world. In our world things definitely don't always go as planned and people often get hurt facing emotional troubles, heartbreaks and much more. I'm so fed up of it which recently became a new reason to why I'm waiting. I just said f it all, I'm done. I've just seen too many friends get hurt, it just put me off the idea completely. It's why I say to my other friends if this is what you want- fine but you'd need to be able to consider and accept the possible outcomes. If they want this type of relationship, cool but they should know the reality of it and accept it even if feelings are caught.

If you mean couples having sex just for pleasure, well that's a different aspect as 'just pleasure' wouldn't be the only thing to a loving relationship. If it was 'just pleasure' based and a relationship purely based on lust and sex, I doubt that relationship will even last.

'Anyway, I certainly don't accept that teenagers as a category incapable of knowing what love is.' I'm not saying it's impossible as I even stated my best friend who I believed experienced love as a teenager. However I am saying, it's highly unlikely.

'I simply disagree. Sex is part of a loving relationship unless one or more of the people in it are asexual. It's not simply an accessory to love.'

Here's what I meant. Love should be the core foundation of a relationship not sex. Love first, sex next is how I see it, I do not see them as equals though I believe sex is important. When saying this, I had in mind those fascinating couples where one partner unfortunately experiences a fatal accident such as a car crash for example to where they can't even function properly and it hinders/ significantly affects their sex lives- but their partners still stay with them, taking good care of them, being there to help them strive though life while still loving them as much as before- that is what I call love. Agape love.

It would be lovely to know that if for some reason it came to a point where I couldn't have sex with husband any more, he wouldn't leave me because of that very reason. I know it wouldn't be easy but I would hope that he would remember why we got married in the first place, that we weren't having sex before (waiting until marriage) but still fell deeply in love with each other. That is what l call agape love. There's different types of love mind me but this love is so strong, it's probably the strongest as it's unconditional. I want that unconditional love. I understand us being humans with our own natural wants, needs and demands, achieving this love would be extremely difficult because it would mean suppressing a part of yourself probably. I know I'm sounding crazy right now but I admire couples like this. Just beautiful and extraordinary.
    But overall that's what I was trying to get at. If I could have a husband like that, it's a blessing in my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Poll has been added.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bardnnyc)
    I feel insulted by that and I have complained. My daughter or whoever should not be brought into this. I didn't insult anyone. I didn't mention you or anyone. I was talking about something that involves my family. I'll wait for the mods to take action...

Things like this can cause you serious trouble. You can hide but you can't hide forever.
    I apologise on his behalf.
    This topic is a sensitive one which is why I'm trying to be careful in how and what I say on here. Hope you're ok, please don't let what he said get to you too much or spoil your day. :hugs:God bless !

ReputationRep:
    ONLY if she felt she was ready (some people are at that age) and was using appropriate measures to have safer sex. If she had appeared to be in any way unsure of her decision then I would have to speak with her and him about pressure, etc. Honestly, they're probably going to do it no matter what, so better it's in the safe environment of her room, where I know I'm not far away if anything happens and I can help her, than in his house/some random location.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone don't forget to vote please. It'd give us a good conclusion based on what discussed here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    so better it's in the safe environment of her room, where I know I'm not far away if anything happens and I can help her, than in his house
    And what if you were the boys mother? Hearing that some strange woman was encouraging your son to have sex in their house rather than your own?

As I said earlier: For every mother/father who would rather it in my own home there is another father/mother who's child is then having sex in a stranger's house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    And what if you were the boys mother? Hearing that some strange woman was encouraging your son to have sex in their house rather than your own?

As I said earlier: For every mother/father who would rather it in my own home there is another father/mother who's child is then having sex in a stranger's house.
    Good point actually. Didn't think of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)

Very good point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    How come I didnt get that myself hahahaha :hmmmm2: :lol::lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    I apologise on his behalf.
    This topic is a sensitive one which is why I'm trying to be careful in how and what I say on here. Hope you're ok, please don't let what he said get to you too much or spoil your day. :hugs:God bless !
    The idiot has to post under anonymous. I hope the mods will not be biased like before. I know the poster, he has done this before but when I replied, those who run things here sent me warnings and notices.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.