Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what sort of salary can i expect at PwC working in technology? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reader106)
    28-30K? Are you crazy! That's a good starting salary! Work your way up or build experience at least.
    someone on that peasant pay grade needs to constantly worry about his survival and won't be able to buy pretty things for madam chapo. would you be happy getting reebok pumps for your birthday? bracelets made out of oak wood, living off sliced bread, green bananas and water?

you get with a man on an alan sugar salary and it's a ****ing celebration. you walk to your post office wearing these pythons on your feet like you slayed the snake with your bare hands the night before:

why would i be happy with 28-30K when i know i can be on 40K? you think el chapo EVER settled for 28K? the guy might be a notorious criminal but he paved the way for successful, wealthy people and his name was more than a name, it was a lifestyle. just follow the damn blueprint and your bum life will honestly be changed. the shirt he's wearing in my avatar alone is easily worth 30K.

ReputationRep:
    "Tech" for a big consultancy firm, as in following a continuous paper trail and employing legacy "technology", doing the same thing over and over simply to satisfy your boss? Sounds like great fun. I'd rather work for a rapidly growing, young firm with an unrivaled technology portfolio. Oh wait, I do work for a firm like that.

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahpadt)
    "Tech" for a big consultancy firm, as in following a continuous paper trail and employing legacy "technology", doing the same thing over and over simply to satisfy your boss? Sounds like great fun. I'd rather work for a rapidly growing, young firm with an unrivaled technology solution. Oh wait, I do work for a firm like that.

He got a job at an HFT shop, not a consultancy uno. Quite a bit different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    He got a job at an HFT shop, not a consultancy uno. Quite a bit different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If HFT stands for High Frequency Trading, then enjoy being outsourced by computers.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome thread is awesome. Can someone confirm the big 4 consulting salaries please for first two-three years?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    Awesome thread is awesome. Can someone confirm the big 4 consulting salaries please for first two-three years?
    Swear it's £33-35k starting, bumps up to £40-45k then a huge bump up to £60-70k... Numbers might be slightly off but £70k in 4 years is feasible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Swear it's £33-35k starting, bumps up to £40-45k then a huge bump up to £60-70k... Numbers might be slightly off but £70k in 4 years is feasible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    um.... ive heard 40k after 3 years... i have never heard of 60k in third year, earliest 7-8 years down the line. can someone please confirm this? why is it so hard to find this info princey babes

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you mind sharing where you get your crack from?
    um.... ive heard 40k after 3 years... i have never heard of 60k in third year, earliest 7-8 years down the line. can someone please confirm this? why is it so hard to find this info princey babes
    after 4 years you'll probably be on £50k
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC_booSack)
    A guy posted about EY numbers on the forum not so long ago, he was working for them, and it indicated £70k in 4-5 years was possible for a top performer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    after 4 years you'll probably be on £50k
    bro prince is safe let him be. you sure even on that? thats pretty awesome, one of the big 4 in particular dont really do weekend work for consulting...

ReputationRep:
    A guy posted about EY numbers on the forum not so long ago, he was working for them, and it indicated £70k in 4-5 years was possible for a top performer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    top performers at a big 4 consulting intake usually get a 5k bonus max if lucky, in the early years anyway, i know that much

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nw86 right? he was actually becoming quite senior, shame he went, dont know literally any other senior consulting big 4 members in the site.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    nw86 right? he was actually becoming quite senior, shame he went, dont know literally any other senior consulting big 4 members in the site.
    That's him yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    makes me sob even more that I didn't pass my EY Consulting AC

ReputationRep:
    nw86 must be the biggest troll on TSR. £70k in 4 years is el chapo talks, guarantee you won't get there working for a consultant.

you need to consider making a switch to IB a few years down your career if you want P's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brabzzz)
    It's all slavery.

You spend your wage on rent, commuting, posh drinks and parking...get 28 days off a year and hand them the waking hours of your 20's and 30's.

20k? 30k? 40? It matters not - though of course the latter is better than the former.
    In 10-15 years you might well be on 6 figures. You'll still be working all the hours under the sun but will have become accustomed to a level of income and will have larger expenses. Tough to that give up...or to swing into early retirement.

That said, best of luck - roll the dice and see what happens. Hopefully not what we expect or is expected of us, as that's usually pretty depressing
    wow youve been here forever, do you mind explaining your story a little, are you out of of ib now? really cool to see an older member around here

ReputationRep:
    nw86 must be the biggest troll on TSR. £70k in 4 years is el chapo talks, guarantee you won't get there working for a consultant.

you need to consider making a switch to IB a few years down your career if you want P's.
    Depends on the consulting firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    To be fair, he gets a job at a Big 4 firm doing consultancy, he'll be on £100K a year by the time he is 30.
    do you know this for sure?

ReputationRep:
    have i been wrong yet? carry on studying for your A-Levels little man, maybe one day you can get on my level. i can change your bum life.

37 G's baby.
    are you trying to emulate conor mcgregor? noone else says bum life as often

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OPSthrowaway)
    70k after a few years is bloody good to be honest (better than big 4 consulting), wouldn't have expected that - I bet they get their pound of flesh though, given that grad schemes for similar companies dont compare.
    what is roughly the big 4 consulting salary rises year on on year if you dont mind me asking? for years 1-5ish?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.