The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Primary education

Anyone applied for primary education with qts at birmingham city university?
I have. I have the interview on the 3rd February. No idea what to expect
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I have one Wednesday coming, you've been told about the tasks right ?
Yeah I've been told about the tasks but do we need to read the whole documents for all key stages or be aware of the changes
Reply 4
Original post by Samantha2016
Yeah I've been told about the tasks but do we need to read the whole documents for all key stages or be aware of the changes

I don't quite follow lol? What do you mean
Original post by jujujal
I don't quite follow lol? What do you mean

It says on the guidance that selection day will be in two parts. Part One will include the following assessments:1. A Curriculum Knowledge Test This will assess the breadth of knowledge that the government and the university acknowledge is vital for primary teachers who teach across the curriculum. All questions relate either directly or indirectly to Primary Education and the National Curriculum for Key Stages 1 & 2. There is a range of multi choice and short answer questions involved in the test. The test covers a wide range of areas of the curriculum including mathematics,English, science, geography, history, music, art, PE and RE.2. A group discussionThis will assess understanding of some issues surrounding primary education and the challenges and rewards of working with children. This will also assess communication and interpersonal skills. In preparation for this task candidates would find it useful to be familiar with the Teachers’ Standards (DfE 2012).3. A written taskThis will assess your understanding of a range of current issues in primary education. It will also assess written English.The interviewing panel will consider all candidates’ performances across all three tasks and invite successful candidates to go forward to Part Two of the selection day. Part Two will include:1. An introduction to the course and universityThis will outline the course and the school partnership training and the facilities that theuniversity can offer.2. One to one interviewThis will enable candidates to draw on personal experiences to demonstrate understanding of primary education, the role of the teacher and their attitudes towards children.
Reply 6
It says on the guidance that selection day will be in two parts. Part One will include the following assessments:1. A Curriculum Knowledge Test This will assess the breadth of knowledge that the government and the university acknowledge is vital for primary teachers who teach across the curriculum. All questions relate either directly or indirectly to Primary Education and the National Curriculum for Key Stages 1 & 2. There is a range of multi choice and short answer questions involved in the test. The test covers a wide range of areas of the curriculum including mathematics,English, science, geography, history, music, art, PE and RE.2. A group discussionThis will assess understanding of some issues surrounding primary education and the challenges and rewards of working with children. This will also assess communication and interpersonal skills. In preparation for this task candidates would find it useful to be familiar with the Teachers’ Standards (DfE 2012).3. A written taskThis will assess your understanding of a range of current issues in primary education. It will also assess written English.The interviewing panel will consider all candidates’ performances across all three tasks and invite successful candidates to go forward to Part Two of the selection day. Part Two will include:1. An introduction to the course and universityThis will outline the course and the school partnership training and the facilities that theuniversity can offer.2. One to one interviewThis will enable candidates to draw on personal experiences to demonstrate understanding of primary education, the role of the teacher and their attitudes towards children.

Did you receive that as an email
No had an email off them that linked to bcu website and this was on one of the links
I have. I have the interview on the 3rd February. No idea what to expect

Hello, I have an interview on the 3rd Feb too! I've been reading through the guidance, but I'm not sure how to revise for the Curriculum Knowledge Test! How are you feeling about it?
I have no idea what to revise as there is so much to look at :/ I've got all the curriculums and put them in notes for each year but do not think I will be able to remember it all
Reply 10
I can't seem to find that ? I don't think you will need it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending