Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you rather know when or how you are going to die? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    if you had to use one one , which would you choose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasperlEE)
    Assuming if you knew then you couldn't change how or when, then probs when. It would be more useful
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Probably when, so that I could prepare and try to do as many of the things/visit as many of the places I want to before I die. I think knowing how I was going to die would just make me paranoid to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Neither!

But if I had to choose then I'd like to know when!:mmm:
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, neither.

But probably how.

If you know when, it's like a death sentence. If it's how, you either know it's going to be quick or slow. If it's slow, it doesn't matter knowing as it'll be drawn out anyway.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Definitely when.

Either would be awful, but imagine having a really generic or common place 'how'. If it was being hit by a car, for instance, surely you'd just end up afraid to cross the road! Unless it was something really obscure and situational, it would be awful, as you'd be constantly on edge.

At least with 'when' - and especially if it was soon - you'd be able to make the most of the time you had.

ReputationRep:
    Neither because then I'd feel anxious all the time and will always be thinking 'That's when and how I will die'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only God knows how and when we are going to die (unless you've been sentenced to death, plus a few other exceptions).
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That is the most horrible choice to have to make. Neither!

I suppose how, and I'd pray it was something really peaceful like "passing away in my sleep".

ReputationRep:
    When lol

ReputationRep:
    How

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather know when so I can be mentally prepared and start doing things I haven't done yet in the spirit of 'YOLO' and all.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    When. That way, if it is soon, I can just carry on eating pizza, drinking hundreds of ales and wasting my life. If it is ages away, I know I won't die from the pizza and ale so will continue it anyway. Win win.

Neither.

People who will be capable of knowing this will possibly try to change the outcome, while others might think that it would be a good idea to do something foolish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everyone who is saying when....really?!

Imagine if it was a date in a few years (say, 21st January 2054) ,every time you had that that anniversary date, you would be haunted "this is the date I will die".

ReputationRep:
    Definitely when.
    Itd be a date to work towards in life, like if i was going to die in 3 years i wouldnt go to uni, if i was going to die in like 70 i could tell people closer to the time so theyre prepared (assuming people care at all 😉)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.