Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stuck deep in love....... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been obsessed with this guy for about three years now and it all sort of started when he complemented me to someone I know. Since then I have began having real feelings for him and no matter what I do I cant seem to get him out my head! He then began dating this other girl and my heart was broken in tiny shards, I have a strong feeling inside that he likes me but then again I'm not sure, I have tried everything and its getting to the point where I cant cope now. I hate him and love him at the same time if that's possible, all I keep doing is dreaming about him and the thought of him not caring about me at all kills me inside! So I do have this hope that he feels the same its the only thing that is keeping me going at the moment. I still don't know why he went with that other girl and he still seems to care somewhat because he asked about me recently. I am so confused could someone please tell me what to do it would mean a lot thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You need to move on. From the information you've given us there's no indication that he likes you. He hasn't even complimented you in person or asked in person how you are, so you're clearly not friends. Plus this spiralled from an offhand comment he made to someone you know, three years ago.

To help yourself to move on: don't check his social media, don't talk about or to him, and when you catch yourself thinking about him, make a conscious effort to think about something else. This isn't healthy behaviour that you're exhibiting.

ReputationRep:
    Best to stay away from him because he clearly doesn't feel the same about you if he is with someone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know that it is not healthy behaviour but believe me his actions speak otherwise. He used to try and talk to me all the time and get close to me and he even saw me in public and tried to talk to me but I sort of walked away because I was far too nervous (idiot move). I keep getting these signs that we are meant to be I know it sounds demented but feelings are something you simply cannot control. Why else would he do that stuff he's not like that with everyone.

ReputationRep:
    agree with @georgiaswift
    there are loads of ways to distract yourself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.