Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

62 People Richer than Half of World's Population Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Nice little strawman you have there. An argument for multilateral wealth re-ballencing is not an argument for unilateral action.
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    However it does establish the hypocrisy of many wanting equality, it highlights the fact that people do not want those before then to be made equals, that entails personal loss, rather they just want everybody above them to be bright down to make themselves equal, a system whereby there is no personal loss, possibly personal gain, and the loss is fur those the individual is envious of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This was the point tbh. Also Aph I like you. I genuinely do. You're a nice enough person..we just disagree sometimes, especially on matters like this!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    This was the point tbh. Also Aph I like you. I genuinely do. You're a nice enough person..we just disagree sometimes, especially on matters like this!
    Thank you. I mean I don't see inequality as a bad thing. Just that when power (which money basically is) is vested in a small minority of people that leads to the hogging of money and thus some people getting more say then they should do.
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    However it does establish the hypocrisy of many wanting equality, it highlights the fact that people do not want those before then to be made equals, that entails personal loss, rather they just want everybody above them to be bright down to make themselves equal, a system whereby there is no personal loss, possibly personal gain, and the loss is fur those the individual is envious of.
    As I said above I woudl be open to a small amount of inequality but when the richest man earns millions more then the poorest a year just because of circumstances I see that as highly unfair. I don't think it is envy at all actually. It might be in some circumstances but to suggest that some people should be able to have more money then they know what to do with whist others don't have enough money to live is, in my veiw shameful. If multilateral action were taken to increase the wealth of the poorest in the world then of course I would pay my part but to suggest a person shoudl give up almost all their money which would hardly make any impact at all just because they advocate that money needs to be more fairly distributed is a total fallacy.

ReputationRep:
    De Facto power needs to change for de jure power to change, and hence the world see progressive institutional reform. Prospects slim + declining

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nephthys)
    That's unrestricted/crony capitalism for you..

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...ation-combined
    Didnt know you were a communist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Je Suis Ursula)
    You get lost Holocaust denier *******!
    Holocaust ended more than 65 years ago. Get over it.

(Life goes on and I'll save this for later lol.)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.