9.09%
    More than 3 hours per subject
    45.45%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello8888)
    how were your grades?
    4a*, 5a, 2b

I am currently in Year 11 and my study leave starts on 20th May however I have been advised to start now in January or I will not be able to achieve these grades. I have 20 exams (+ 1 speaking and listening for English Language cie igcse) and I am doing 11 GCSEs I would like at least 8 A*s. I have planned a revision timetable. This includes me waking up at 5:00 in the morning and going to bed at 9:45pm. I have decided to wake up early as i feel better and work harder if I sleep early and wake up early. There are two 45 minute revision sessions in the morning and then 30 minutes of exercise (I want to lose some weight) Then when I come home I want to do two 45 minute and one 30 minute revision sessions and 30 minutes of homework (its pointless and doesn't help with revision) . I also planned another 30 minutes of exercise after school. This gives me about 7 hours of sleep (but some say that you need at least 9 hours of sleep) and frequent breaks. Is this plan good enough or do I need more or less revision time and/or sleep? Do I need to study continuously for 3 hours because some people say that it breaks the flow and rhythm that your brain has adapted to if you take too many breaks but I find it boring ? Can you give me any advice on this timetable and how many hours do I need to spend on Art (one of my GCSEs) each week? I also go to English and Science tuition but I don't know if it is actually working (it costs about £25 each hour and I do 2 hours English and two hours Science)
    None of those options tbh. I did no revision in any of my subjects at GCSE until the week immediately before my exams and even then I just read through each of my subjects' notes once. Oh except for maths, I didn't revise for that exam at all because I knew I already had a foundation level. I still got an A* in every subject (even maths!) and got full UMS is about 4 of them. GCSEs are very easy to blag successfully despite having no factual knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    None of those options tbh. I did no revision in any of my subjects at GCSE until the week immediately before my exams and even then I just read through each of my subjects' notes once. Oh except for maths, I didn't revise for that exam at all because I knew I already had a foundation level. I still got an A* in every subject (even maths!) and got full UMS is about 4 of them. GCSEs are very easy to blag successfully despite having no factual knowledge.
    Wow u must be clever I don't think I can do that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow u must be clever I don't think I can do that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah I'm really not. Lots of my friends did the same. From what I can tell, revision doesn't diminish your chances of doing well at GCSE, but it doesn't enhance them either. In fact, it really makes no difference. At A level however, it's all about revision. So don't waste your time on hours of revision now, enjoy the luxury of not having to revise while you still can. It won't last long!

ReputationRep:
    Hey you seem in the exactly same situation as me!!! Are you doing CIE English 0522?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.