The Student Room Group

***Grow Your Grades 2016****

Scroll to see replies

I'm definitely entering!
This year I have my AS exams and I want to achieve:
Philosophy - A (so I can get an A* overall)
History - B/A
English Language - A
Art - B (Unlikely because most of my coursework is a C :ashamed2:)
Really excited to be joining this. My cousin recommended TSR at Christmas time and it has helped me so much this past month so I'm really excited to see what this will do for me!
My goals are:
1) to get into a routine to revising more regularly and reviewing the past weeks work
2) achieve AABB in my AS exams this year (that's super high expectations I'm more hoping for ABBC, but I can dream big!)
Thank you - I'm setting up my blog now :smile:
I am very interested in this and can't wait to take part. I am currently in year 12 studying Business, Law, Applied ICT, Philosophy and Ethics and World Development. My target grades in all these subjects are B's however I want to exceed this in Business and Law and get A's. My problem lies in business where I have to apply my knowledge and analyse which I struggle with so I will welcome any hints and tips on how to succeed in this. Time to set up my blog!
Original post by raleighs
I'm definitely entering!
This year I have my AS exams and I want to achieve:
Philosophy - A (so I can get an A* overall)
History - B/A
English Language - A
Art - B (Unlikely because most of my coursework is a C :ashamed2:)

Good luck for your AS exams. I am currently doing mine and they are such as bore and I cannot express the stress they put on us but we all feel the same. Just push through the hard work and imagine how good it will feel on results day!
I would like to enter. I'm doing AS levels in Chinese, English Language, Maths and Philosophy and Ethics and I'm aiming for AAAA :smile:
Never really done much on TSR before, but definitely entering this.
My AS grades were AAAB in History, Politics, Economics and Maths respectively.
My goal for A2 is hopefully A*A*A to A*AA.
101 days to go!
I am going to enter for my own benefit:smile: I am an AS student and currently my grades do not look so good:frown: I do Creative writing, English language+literature, Politics and Psychology. I've always wanted to be a lawyer so obviously that means I need to get As and A*s by the end of my courses. I really want to achieve AAAB this year and hopefully even better in my A2 year. :u: can't wait to give this blogging a go!
Reply 207
Oh, I didn't realize I was supposed to comment on this thread first before setting up my blog... Whoops? :colondollar:

Anyway, my goal is to:
a) improve my study habits (less procrastination, more consistent working, etc.)
b) achieve IB final grades that'll meet my uni offer(s)

I'm actually setting my aim for grades a little higher than any of my offers are/will be.
Just for the sake of showing myself that I can and will achieve high grades, if I set my eyes on the prize and study study study.

:tongue:

If you wish to follow my progress, you'll find my blog here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3876013
I think I'll give it a go! Need to try and improve somehow so why not!
I'm aiming to get so much better in physics though lots of practise and also to improve biology and maintain English language!

I take at AS level;
Physics (mock = U :O)
Biology (mock = E :O)
BTEC Sport (so far on for a Distinction)
English Language (mock = B :smile: )

I doing this to improve my science grades, I think ill be dropping Physics at the end of this year. My ultimate goal is to get a least a C in physics and I need to work so much harder than I am (obviously) and I feel this may help so why not give it a go :smile:

I shall set up my blog soon :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I think I'll enter! I'm doing a mix of AS and GCSEs this year, so I'm hoping to get the best I can in those.
Reply 210
Learning Goals: self-taught
B2 in Spanish by May 31. (C1 would be better :smile:
B1 in Czech by this December.

Entering :smile:
Personal Goals: Conquering anxiety and procrastination with mindfulness meditation, exercise, and positive input.
Really interested in this!
Original post by Assan
Learning Goals: self-taught
B2 in Spanish by May 31. (C1 would be better :smile:
B1 in Czech by this December.

Entering :smile:
Personal Goals: Conquering anxiety and procrastination with mindfulness meditation, exercise, and positive input.

I'm sure you'll achieve all your goals.
Btw, Czech is an interesting choice, is it a language you already know or is it new to you?
I'm intrigued as many people don't choose to study it.
Reply 213
Original post by zuzanak16
Btw, Czech is an interesting choice, is it a language you already know or is it new to you?

Hi Zuzanak,

It's new to me. My partner is Czech and speaks fluent English, but not all of his family and friends do. I'd like to share this with him/them :smile:
Reply 214
Original post by zuzanak16

Are you Czech..?
Original post by Assan
Are you Czech..?

That's very sweet of you to do that for him :smile:
I'm Slovak but do speak Czech and used to live in Czech Republic.
Reply 216
Ahoj! Love Czechs :smile:
I'll have a go :smile:
Original post by GeorgeB16
Good luck for your AS exams. I am currently doing mine and they are such as bore and I cannot express the stress they put on us but we all feel the same. Just push through the hard work and imagine how good it will feel on results day!

Thank you!! I hope you do well in your exams!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending