Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'll be transferring to Newcastle University in September, entering second year, and I'm stuck on what to do for accommodation

    I'm drawn to university owned accommodation at the moment (I've been informed I'd qualify to apply) - I particularly like the look of Castle Leazes and Park Terrace - so I can at least get to know people and make friends, even if the majority, if not all, there will be first year students. This is especially as apparently the course I'm transferring to (Media, Communication & Cultural Studies) doesn't have a particularly large cohort

    I was just wondering if anyone who's transferred before, regardless of whether it's Newcastle or a different university, has some advice for me? Did you go for uni owned accommodation? Or did you go totally private in a studio flat? Or did you somehow find second years looking for another person for a house share?

    Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

    Edit: I've also looked at private options such as Union Square which isn't that bad priced for the cheapest option considering it's private, but there's the issue of say I get a flat that is me and then the rest are Northumbria students for example


    You mentioned you were interested in the Union Square property. Have you thought about Stepney Yard? This is located right next to Union Square, a brand new student building for the upcoming year, and a short walk from Northumbria University.

    There are also launch prices for only a short time, and i have a room which i can no longer occupy due to change in circumstances. I have copied in an image with further details.

    If you need anymore information about this specific room (one of the best available in the building!), then please let me know, as i can change my contract.

    More information is available at stepneyyard.com as well.

    Regards,Name:  Stepney Yard - 03.03.D.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  428.0 KB
How are you feeling about your exams?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.