deb532
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Anyone heard from University of Bolton for an adult nursing offer?I feel like I've been waiting for ages!
kezped2010
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by deb532)
Anyone heard from University of Bolton for an adult nursing offer?I feel like I've been waiting for ages!
No not yet.. have you phoned them?? when did you have your interview?
deb532
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by kezped2010)
No not yet.. have you phoned them?? when did you have your interview?
I have rang and emailed and they are saying they haven't made a decision!I went for my numeracy and literacy test in December but no interview yet.
kezped2010
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by deb532)
I have rang and emailed and they are saying they haven't made a decision!I went for my numeracy and literacy test in December but no interview yet.

Have you had your email to say whether you have passed your maths and english?? I was there in december for the test day, was emailed the day after saying i had passed, the invite for interview was on that email too.. i went for my interview last week, and got a conditional offer on wednesday. I hope you hear back soon x
FranSVE91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just out of curiosity, how soon after interview did you receive your offers? I was given the time frame of two to three weeks.

Thanks
AmberNursing16
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I have been accepted to start bolton in september and i think iam going to accept the offer, also been accepted to saford but trying to see which one will be best, also got another interview at manchaster next month too... iam swaying more to bolton however people are saying i shouldnt be taking a student loan out if i have been accepted to uni which the course is paid by the nhs...
nafisa230
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kezped2010)
Have you had your email to say whether you have passed your maths and english?? I was there in december for the test day, was emailed the day after saying i had passed, the invite for interview was on that email too.. i went for my interview last week, and got a conditional offer on wednesday. I hope you hear back soon x
Any tips on the maths tests and literacy test ?
brlfc1969
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hello,may I ask what you think of Adult Nursing at Bolton. My wife is undecided between Bolton and Salford. The Nursing League Table for student satisfaction show Bolton next to last for the past two years, which is not a good sign.Thanks,M
brlfc1969
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hello,

may I ask peoples opinion of Adult Nursing at Bolton. My wife has unconditional offers from both Bolton and Salford, but is undecided. The Nursing League Table for student satisfaction shows Bolton next to last for the past two years, which is not a good sign.

Your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

brlfc
University of Salford
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by brlfc1969)
Hello,

may I ask peoples opinion of Adult Nursing at Bolton. My wife has unconditional offers from both Bolton and Salford, but is undecided. The Nursing League Table for student satisfaction shows Bolton next to last for the past two years, which is not a good sign.

Your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

brlfc
Hi brlfc1969,

Firstly, thank you for reaching out. It is important that your wife has considered both options and I hope to help provide you with the information she needs to choose the best University for her.

Our BSc (Hons) Nursing/RN Adult course (https://beta.salford.ac.uk/courses/u...rsing-rn-adult) is accredited by The Nursing and Midwifery Council. It's situated within our School of Heath and Society which works closely with organisations from both the public and private sectors to ensure our teaching is at the forefront of practice. The school also has Clinical Practice Wards which are designed to give the learning space the look and feel of a hospital environment.

https://vimeo.com/219511567 - Our Courses: BSc (Hons) Nursing - Watch BSc (Hons) Nursing students Robert Spilsbury and Thomas Watkins talk about their time studying and on and placement.

At the University of Salford we host a student blog called Made In Salford which is used to showcase student stories and experiences. You can read one of our Nursing student's experience by following this link: https://blogs.salford.ac.uk/made-in-...18/02/06/4506/. You may also be interested in looking at other blogs on the page which relate to the School of Health and Society which you can find here: https://blogs.salford.ac.uk/made-in-...h-and-society/.

If you haven't already, the best way to get a feel for our University would be to visit us. If we offer you a place through Clearing you’ll get an opportunity to visit our campus. We’re holding campus tours on 7th August and 17th of August 2019. If you're looking to apply for next year, you can visit our campus on 5th and 19th of October 2019 for open days where you can explore the campus and learn more about your course.

Please don't hesitate to get in contact with our enquiries team with any questions about the course, applicant days or anything else we can help you with on 0161 295 4545 or send us a direct message.

Best wishes,

India - Social Media Team
Live-Life
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi,
I'm a 3rd year. What I can say to you is Bolton has its pros and cons just like all other universities do you have to weigh up what would be best to suit you.
Bolton has small class sizes. A set trust in which you do all your placements. from what i have experienced and heard from salford students we have more support out on placement as you get visited regular by practice educators to check on how you are doing and make sure you are up to date on things.
however the work load at university is a lot heavier than salford which generates a high amount of stress and salford find out their placement areas well in advance whereas at bolton you only find out 1 month in advance.
Hope this helps
x
UnimpressedNurse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bolton's lectures are led by PowerPoint. Very few lecturers know how to teach. Classes are not interactive, do not support disability and completely ignore placement complaints. Yes the cohort sizes are smaller. 3 trust within each cohort which is around 90 students in total and 3 intakes a year. Support on placements has become much less than what it once was. PEFS very rarely stay in the role so there is no continuum of support. Classes are also often done in rooms without windows that are the size of most peoples living room. With the new nursing associates programme support is even more sparce that it was before. Also be prepared in your first year to be used as a free set of hands (HCA) whilst on placement as every good nurse should know the basics. Then in the second year you will be lacking in knowledge and be called incompetent in your skill. I very much doubt this post will stay for long as bolton prides itself on student satisfaction revoking any negative feedback from the forms
BigMelz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by UnimpressedNurse)
Bolton's lectures are led by PowerPoint. Very few lecturers know how to teach. Classes are not interactive, do not support disability and completely ignore placement complaints. Yes the cohort sizes are smaller. 3 trust within each cohort which is around 90 students in total and 3 intakes a year. Support on placements has become much less than what it once was. PEFS very rarely stay in the role so there is no continuum of support. Classes are also often done in rooms without windows that are the size of most peoples living room. With the new nursing associates programme support is even more sparce that it was before. Also be prepared in your first year to be used as a free set of hands (HCA) whilst on placement as every good nurse should know the basics. Then in the second year you will be lacking in knowledge and be called incompetent in your skill. I very much doubt this post will stay for long as bolton prides itself on student satisfaction revoking any negative feedback from the forms
No, your post will stay, but they will get a student "ambassador" or someone to submit an ultra positive post.
Thanks for your honesty, it clarifies some things I have heard about quality issues there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (416)
43.93%
No (98)
10.35%
I'm not old enough (433)
45.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise