Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much sleep do you get on average? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How many hours of sleep do you get on average?
    0-4 hours
    4.62%
    4-6 hours
    27.47%
    6-8 hours
    54.76%
    8+ hours
    13.15%

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Around 6 at present but my meds would have me sleep for 10/11 hours if I didn't have any reason to get to up such as lectures
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    I have really bad insomnia, so usually, not much - if I can manage to get to sleep, it's usually about 3 - 5 hours of really disrupted sleep.

And then, sometimes, my body will practically shut down due to lack of sleep and I'll sleep for 12+ hours. :laugh:
    I wish I could get that last bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    4-5 hours most days.

ReputationRep:
    Aim for 9 but usually 7-8

(Original post by Andy98)
    I wish I could get that last bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't get even that?

I think my body does it to be able to keep on functioning - I can't imagine what it would be like if it didn't do that.

Did you go to the doctors in the end? Because this feels like something you should discuss with them - you can't carry on like that. Hope you're OK. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I've always struggled with maintaining a regular sleeping pattern. My sleep can vary from 4 hours to 12 hours...

I guess I need to be a more adultier adult to figure out how to cement a normal sleeping pattern.

ReputationRep:
    8-9 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    stats rule 1:
    -never use overlapping categories
    all dem survey drawing GCSE maths questions XD

ReputationRep:
    5 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    Haha, not enough. And my sleep pattern is messed up.

3 o'clock in the afternoon - brain: i am going to slowly shut out the world until you fall asleep
    3 o'clock in the morning - brain: Why do we wear the skin of other animals? Are we too poorly evolved to have sufficiently warm skin? Speaking of skin, you need to buy more moisturiser. 'Moist'... that's such a nasty word. We use that word a lot in biology when we're talking about responses in organisms though. OHGODYOUHAVEABIOLOGYEXAMINFIVEMO NTHSANDYOUHAVEN'TDONEANYREVISION . ...it's okay, chill. Did you put the chilli back in the fridge? Wait, what was that noise? Ah, probably nothing to worry about except the escaped axe murderer they keep going on about in the news. Allow me to calm you down by showcasing all of the socially awkward stuff you've ever said/done.

Thanks, brain.
    This is the best thing

ReputationRep:
    I have really bad insomnia, so usually, not much - if I can manage to get to sleep, it's usually about 3 - 5 hours of really disrupted sleep.

And then, sometimes, my body will practically shut down due to lack of sleep and I'll sleep for 12+ hours. :laugh:
    insomnia is the worst. I do love the catch up sleeps though

Generally 6-8 I hope, but it depends on whether I've napped in the day or not! Sometimes I will lie awake until 2-3am because I just can't sleep, and other times I'll be out within minutes. Like last night, went out for a meal with colleagues and didn't get back til past 8pm and I was so exhausted that I fell asleep on the settee, then dragged myself upstairs at 10ish and went straight to sleep:yawn: I didn't even WASH I was that tired.

ReputationRep:
    Around 6 hours when I have to go to work and when I'm off, usually more than 8 hours.

ReputationRep:
    I normally get about 6 - 8 hours sleep, in the past I usually got a lot more than that would say about 10 hours, I struggle to even sleep that long any more
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You don't get even that?

I think my body does it to be able to keep on functioning - I can't imagine what it would be like if it didn't do that.

Did you go to the doctors in the end? Because this feels like something you should discuss with them - you can't carry on like that. Hope you're OK. :hugs:
    I dunno, I'm just used to it I guess

Gonna walk round on Saturday and make an appointment

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    About 5/6 hours a night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If I start college at 11, around 8-9. If a 9 start, about 4-6.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly 0-4 or 4-6 hardly ever anymore than that

ReputationRep:
    10 hours on average

ReputationRep:
    Oh god.. At the beginning of the academic year it was between 6-8 but these past 1-2 months it's been 0-4 due to no-lifing college apps and studying extra stuff :'(

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.