Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel really upset Watch

Announcements

Since September 2015, i've noticed a sixth form boy i like, and i've invested so much into him emotionally. There were a few times where i tried to get over him, which worked for a few weeks until my friend mentioned him. So i've gradually got back to the obsession. I'm not attracted to him solely on looks, i like his character, his quiet personality, which makes it harder to get over.

since the beginning of this week i've noticed he is seeing a girl in sixth form as well, first i thought it's a friend but the more they spend time with each other i think there's more to their relationship now. they eat out at places after school in town together. He's a really shy person so i've concluded that they must be dating for him to do this sort of activity and hang out. i'm actually disheartened today at this realisation. i feel like withdrawing myself from the world and just go to sleep.

Any one know how to feel better? i have no idea how to handle it as I'm not emotionally stable (doesn't help when i'm only a teenager as well)

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow I'm sorry you're going through this.
    I know the idea may sound scary? But have you tried talking to him? Does he know you like him?
    You can't blame a guy for being with another girl if the guy doesn't know you have feelings for him in the first place.

I've been in this relationship and I know it sucks, but communication really is the key.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just remember that this feeling will pass with time regardless of how you deal with it but the important thing to do now is keep your mind off it, you're in school so focus on your school work, you have friends so go out with them m, keep yourself busy and one day you'll realise those feelings have completely disappear
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Guys are easy to read, women aren't. We're not psychic so telling us is the best way to go. We're not that scary

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Any one know how to feel better? i have no idea how to handle it as I'm not emotionally stable (doesn't help when i'm only a teenager as well)
    There are many other guys with similar personalities so no need to worry. Also, it will be even harder for you in the future if you keep going like this, so either take some action or forget.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Next time you need to say something if you feel so strongly about it.

Bit cliche but all you need is a bit of time & maybe a new crush lol

ReputationRep:
    If you do tell him just remember he has a girlfriend and if he's as good a guy as you think he is, he'll at least be decent enough to not break up with her even if he does like you so your reason for doing so should just be to get it off your mind

It's okay, you will find many more people you like just as much in the future but who will actually reciprocate your feelings. Try and move on from this because over thinking about him and the other girl will just make you feel worse, and you are worth so much more than some boy who you won't even remember in a year. Focus on other aspects of your life to take your mind of it, put your effort into studying because you don't want to look back and feel distracted from your a levels just because of a boy. Everything will be okay

ReputationRep:
    Have you actually asked if he is in a relationship with this person? If he is, just try to focus on other things.

im so shy myself. rejection is probably my biggest fear
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    im so shy myself. rejection is probably my biggest fear
    I know the feeling, just gotta swallow the fear

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Right now you feel sad because you think you and him dont have a chance, if you go talk to hi about it then it can go two ways; 1. he likes you too, 2. he is indifferent so he not going to anything and possible forget about it. 3. He reject your feelings.
    Both of the negative outcome result you in a situation you are in now except you know it is not going to happen.

Also i want to ask, do you ever feel tired with feeling sad? Its much easier to move on when you get tired being down.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.