Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How bad is having sex before marriage to God? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My personal opinion is basically what the same as what someone said earlier on said about some scriptures are out of date. I am not trying to pick and choose but I am Christian and I believe the bible only says not to have sex before marriage so children aren't born out of wedlock.

I wouldn't condem anyone if they did have children outside of wedlock, that is their choice. However, I do believe children should be bought up with married parent.

Although with contraception this isn't a problem. I have no issue with contraception either because I believe if God didn't want us to use it, then he wouldn't have given man the skill and knowlege to invent it in the first place.

I am sorry I am a Christian so I'm basing this on the bible and my faith. I don't know how different this is to Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Islam is a false religion created by the catholic church to capture Jerusalem.
    Wow and people call me conspiracy theorist. You probably think jesuits control the world also
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Wow and people call me conspiracy theorist. You probably think jesuits control the world also
    All roads lead to Rome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    It's absolutely fine.

I won't beat around the bush in my answer:
    There's nothing wrong with cherry-picking what you follow in religion (presuming there are rules against it in the Qur'an usw. usf.)
    If anything (if you had to be religious), religion should be there to provide comfort and guidance, so you can pick which bits suit you and which bits don't.
    no.

ReputationRep:
    Horny humans. I hate humans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, I'm not a Muslim but I am a Christian and maybe my thoughts are centred around my faith. I'm not as knowledgeable with Islam compared to Christianity but if you believed in something wouldn't you follow it? If you believe in 'Allah' and that 'Muhammed' was a God sent prophet wouldn't that mean you would view his teachings as prophetic and God sent? Meaning his teachings as central or detrimental...Apparently Muslims in general believe the Quran is good, it teaches good and is close to perfect if not perfect- I'm not saying this is you however if something is 'good' why would you need to pick and choose?

Outdated? In what way, I'm curious?
    This isn't directly at you, well I hope you're not like this but in all honesty- people who pick and choose then condemn others when they do something they disprove of towards their religion piss me off entirely. Though their religion says otherwise I can't believe they have the cheek to then tell someone else they are in the wrong. Like oh please. My response to these kind of religious people is since when where you God?
    I pick and choose because Islam is a guidance to having a good life, not a list of rules that you have to follow 100% or else. I like to feel like I have a choice in how to live my life, but that if I'm ever in doubt, that I look towards the Quran. This isn't how many people see their religions however this is how I was brought up and I'm quite proud of that .
    And no I don't ever trash on people who do stuff like that, tbh I don't really have the right to say that sort of stuff, so yah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    To be quite honest, I don't think "logic and reason" are two things that you should be using as justification for your way of thinking regarding this.

Also, marriage isn't the best type of relationship. The best type of relationship is the one that you have the freedom to be in (and conversely, leave) at any point you so choose.

I agree with above.

surely God has little to do with this.

The advice to get married is odd to me as you could so easily marry the wrong person.
    Students should study and enjoy and discover; there will be plenty of years of adulthood ahead where you have to behave like a responsible adult !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Think People)
    Horny humans. I hate humans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Humans are sexual beings end of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    Can someone show me proof that they have been frowned upon by God after having pre-marital sex?
    I got a splinter in my bum while engaging in lustful fornication. I took that as a sign that God was frowning on me. Didn't stop from continuing though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Das Ich Man)
    Allah will probably eat you tbh
    That sounds hot

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/485646/cat-tongue-o.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Do it and then repent. Or don't do it at all and get married? It could go two ways. You decide.
    Doing it with the grand plan of repenting after makes the repentence lack ikhlaas and therefore less/not acceptable...

I pick and choose because Islam is a guidance to having a good life, not a list of rules that you have to follow 100% or else. I like to feel like I have a choice in how to live my life, but that if I'm ever in doubt, that I look towards the Quran. This isn't how many people see their religions however this is how I was brought up and I'm quite proud of that .
    And no I don't ever trash on people who do stuff like that, tbh I don't really have the right to say that sort of stuff, so yah
    If you believe there is a God and that God is All Knowing and you accept that God has given you a religion based on His infinite wisdom, then to say you aknowledge His religion but then say that you are not obliged to follow His rules has no logic at all... Basically the Quran is the guide, sure, but if you don't follow the rules in it knowingly, then you are disobeying God and implying that you know better than God. Sure you have a choice but at the end of the day, the halal is clear and the haram is clear, and if you do the halal, you get reward, and if you do haram you are deserving of punishment (unless you repent with sincerity)... none of us are perfect and all of us sin - even those of us who have this understanding and pray and try to do good deeds - but you need to realise that you can't live how you want and believe in the religion based on your own whims because at the end of the day, God isn't going to judge you according to how you personally interpreted the religion (when deep down you knew better and that your interpretation wasn't the orthodox proper interpretation), God will judge you according to His religion as He intended it...

My advice to you is to reflect and realise who you are disobeying rather than just the sin alone

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...o-3109298.html

(Original post by Cpt. Josh)
    It's thanks to people like you that young people are being so totally brainwashed by completely made-up religions serving imaginary gods. When did Allah ever forbid this? When did an interventionist deity ever reach out and speak to a person and tell them this? Never. Because it didn't happen. A few dirty desert-dwelling scribes wrote it down and now, around 1400 years later, the entire World revolves around someone's imaginary friend.

Please, people. Stop living your lives in the shadow of something which is undoubtedly fabricated.

^ i couldnt have said that any better

ReputationRep:
    the problem is: please believe me:

men want it from the age of about 16 until they die

women don't

we could blame God for not making us equal in that ?

(Original post by Sameera97)
    Doing it with the grand plan of repenting after makes the repentence lack ikhlaas and therefore less/not acceptable...
    how do you know (?)

maybe god loves it that your being cheeky ,dating and hot and taking life into your own hands as well as being resourceful and clever about it. maybe it turns allah on.

how do you know (?)

maybe god loves it that your being cheeky ,dating and hot and taking life into your own hands as well as being resourceful and clever about it. maybe it turns allah on.
    Because Quran and Hadith.

ReputationRep:
    how do you know (?)

Very funny.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.