Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    i'm looking to gain experience in the sector of Mental Health as i want to be a Mental Health Nurse, though i am finding it hard to get experience, i need to build upon my experience ready for my uni application next year!

Thank you!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shannon_Louise)
    Hi!
    i'm looking to gain experience in the sector of Mental Health as i want to be a Mental Health Nurse, though i am finding it hard to get experience, i need to build upon my experience ready for my uni application next year!

Thank you!
    See if mind or time for change or sane any other mental health related charities or support groups have any volunteering options in your area. Some areas have mental health helplines you can volunteer at too so look into that NHS volunteering generally would want you to be 18 but check that out just incase

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    See if mind or time for change or sane any other mental health related charities or support groups have any volunteering options in your area. Some areas have mental health helplines you can volunteer at too so look into that NHS volunteering generally would want you to be 18 but check that out just incase
    Many charities aren't in my area.. :/ but i have applied for one called Engage4Life and am waiting to hear back(lets be hopeful!)
    I've never heard of being able to volunteer for helplines so that could be good! Yeah, the NHS mental health here want be to be 18 or have no vacancies
    Thank you!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shannon_Louise)
    Many charities aren't in my area.. :/ but i have applied for one called Engage4Life and am waiting to hear back(lets be hopeful!)
    I've never heard of being able to volunteer for helplines so that could be good! Yeah, the NHS mental health here want be to be 18 or have no vacancies
    Thank you!
    Ah I see, any related experience will help so get creative but helplines would be good. Glad to help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.