Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, i want to go back to university to do nursing but i'm unsure how to approach here's why;

I stopped going to university 2011 done year and a half and left. Before that i studied an ICT access course and that's what helped me get into university. Basically, i have no A levels in science to aid me towards applying for this degree.

The only thing i can draw on is experience with which i have from recent occupations career etc Do you think its worth applying?

ReputationRep:
    There is the option of a foundation year. You could apply without one idk much about that.

ReputationRep:
    You could contact unis and ask if they would consider you but I would think you would find it hard. Have you considered doing an access to nursing course?

ReputationRep:
    Try giving UCLAN a call, I saw them advertising that they had spaces for nursing starting in March 2016. What did you study in 2011? You should have credits for what you have done so far which should count as evidence of recent study and the access course should help too, although it's not a healthcare access course. I would try calling a few universities and see what they say, you never know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    You could contact unis and ask if they would consider you but I would think you would find it hard. Have you considered doing an access to nursing course?
    Yes i have - but doing an access course again is not something i would like to do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.