Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I have just receive at short notice for interview at several university's for a Primary Education with QTS course and don't know what kind of questions they will ask me and how to answer them?
    Any responses would be very much appreciated Thank You

ReputationRep:
    google it i think theres a whole forum section for this course

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm a fellow 2016 Primary Ed applicant! I've only had one interview so far (BGU - conditional offer) but I've got four in the next few weeks. I've spoken to a fair few primary ed students and they said this sort of thing comes up a lot:

Why do you want to be a teacher?What do you think makes a good teacher?What are you looking forward to about becoming a teacher?What are your concerns about being a teacher?Why have you chosen this particular university for your course?Why you have chosen specifically to workwith pupils of the 3-7 age range?Where would you like to be in five years’ time?What skills should a teacher have?
    What makes you think you will be a good teacher?
    Describe a situation where you have had to use your initiative.
    What are your main strengths?
    What did you enjoy about your work experience placement?
    What did you learn from your placement?
    Also check whether or not it's a group interview as they tend to be slightly different to 1-1 interviews and allow you to lean on other candidates (and they'll lean on you).

Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloealiceb)
    Hello, I'm a fellow 2016 Primary Ed applicant! I've only had one interview so far (BGU - conditional offer) but I've got four in the next few weeks. I've spoken to a fair few primary ed students and they said this sort of thing comes up a lot:

Why do you want to be a teacher?What do you think makes a good teacher?What are you looking forward to about becoming a teacher?What are your concerns about being a teacher?Why have you chosen this particular university for your course?Why you have chosen specifically to workwith pupils of the 3-7 age range?Where would you like to be in five years’ time?What skills should a teacher have?
    What makes you think you will be a good teacher?
    Describe a situation where you have had to use your initiative.
    What are your main strengths?
    What did you enjoy about your work experience placement?
    What did you learn from your placement?
    Also check whether or not it's a group interview as they tend to be slightly different to 1-1 interviews and allow you to lean on other candidates (and they'll lean on you).

Hope this helps x
    Thank you so much this has helped a lot was really stressing about it and how help to get some ideas of how to answer them Thenk you Again x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.