Posted from TSR Mobile

VB, Python, Java, HTML, CSS and they're all so far
Yes I enjoy it, well the programming bit:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
VB, Python, Java, HTML, CSS and they're all so far
Yes I enjoy it, well the programming bit:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah I enjoy programming too but the theory, well, let's not go there. :colondollar:
Whoa - how many languages do you need for A Level, or is it one ofbthose ones where you just use whichever you find most suitable for the task?

I'm alright at Python and know a bit of HTML and CSS. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
Haha yeah I enjoy programming too but the theory, well, let's not go there. :colondollar:
Whoa - how many languages do you need for A Level, or is it one ofbthose ones where you just use whichever you find most suitable for the task?

I'm alright at Python and know a bit of HTML and CSS. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only need one language - I just learnt a few at a younger age :tongue:

Cool:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Only need one language - I just learnt a few at a younger age :tongue:

Cool:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh OK. How much programming is there compared to theory? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh OK. How much programming is there compared to theory? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the last year of my curriculum so I can't guarantee what it will be for you, but about 50/50

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I'm the last year of my curriculum so I can't guarantee what it will be for you, but about 50/50

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh OK. I don't think I'll do computer science a level, I was just curious :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh OK. I don't think I'll do computer science a level, I was just curious :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should! I mean the industry is a cockfest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
You should! I mean the industry is a cockfest

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm since you suggested it, I'll consider it. I'd originally ruled it out straight away. What other reasons would you give for taking computer science?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmmm since you suggested it, I'll consider it. I'd originally ruled it out straight away. What other reasons would you give for taking computer science?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might end up working with your big bro:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
You might end up working with your big bro:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! What career do you want in the future?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome! What career do you want in the future?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a clue, I like the look of Google but at the same time I kinda want to set my own company.....but I'm also looking at the hospital radio:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Not a clue, I like the look of Google but at the same time I kinda want to set my own company.....but I'm also looking at the hospital radio:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh that sounds cool. I have no idea what I'd like to do. I've recently said something to do with maths but most jobs are more applied than pure.
I'm struggling with the computing theory at the moment. In my mocks I got 53/85. Are similar ideas explored at A Level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh that sounds cool. I have no idea what I'd like to do. I've recently said something to do with maths but most jobs are more applied than pure.
I'm struggling with the computing theory at the moment. In my mocks I got 53/85. Are similar ideas explored at A Level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough

You'll have to forgive me but I didn't do the GCSE so I have no clue of the specification for that; but it'd involve bits about hardware, bits about networking (OK, a lot of networking) and problem solving/the theory behind programming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Fair enough

You'll have to forgive me but I didn't do the GCSE so I have no clue of the specification for that; but it'd involve bits about hardware, bits about networking (OK, a lot of networking) and problem solving/the theory behind programming.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, there's a lot of things like that. I just googled the specification and apparently there's more maths than at GCSE. I don't really like the look of the computer systems paper and the algorithms and programming paper seems interesting. Do you do much SQL? The programming looks pretty good yet complicated but apparently only 20% of the A Level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, there's a lot of things like that. I just googled the specification and apparently there's more maths than at GCSE. I don't really like the look of the computer systems paper and the algorithms and programming paper seems interesting. Do you do much SQL? The programming looks pretty good yet complicated but apparently only 20% of the A Level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well yeah, naturally there'd be a bit more maths. SQL is a piece of piss if you have the right teacher:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Well yeah, naturally there'd be a bit more maths. SQL is a piece of piss if you have the right teacher:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha OK :biggrin: I'll probably talk to my teacher about this at some point. At my school, we had to hand in a list of subjects we thought we might want to do and computer science wasn't even on my list haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha OK :biggrin: I'll probably talk to my teacher about this at some point. At my school, we had to hand in a list of subjects we thought we might want to do and computer science wasn't even on my list haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha OK:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks. This conversion has given me a whole new vision of my possible future :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha thanks. This conversion has given me a whole new vision of my possible future :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo!:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But I can't be too sure yet. I guess I've got another 8 months to decide. Whoa - 8 months! :eek: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest