Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

//Ask the Crisis Committee - Question Thread Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to joecphillips on being elected CC chair!
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Congratulations to joecphillips on being elected CC chair!
    Congratulations!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations joecphillips

(This reminded me to leave the CC UG xD)

ReputationRep:
    Well done. I suspect you'll make a very good chair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)

And now you have to rejoin it as Deputy Speaker...

I also need to join it, mind.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    And now you have to rejoin it as Deputy Speaker...

I also need to join it, mind.
    *sigh*

I'll try to pass my mistake off as a deference to the fact that I wasn't supposed to be in it for like a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Congratulations!

Thank you I will continue your work and do everything I can to ensure that the people who want it shut down don't get their way

(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)

You as well with becoming ds.

Don't you now have to join again?

(Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Well done. I suspect you'll make a very good chair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

I like to think I will
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    You as well with becoming ds.

Don't you now have to join again?
    Thank you

I do indeed xD
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't originally going to post this but Adam insisted that I should.

Earlier today, I conducted an experiment to examine how Nigel reacted to a proposed crisis. First of all, I copied and pasted an old crisis (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3796573) that Nigel himself had created about flooding. I then changed the names of the places in the crisis and awaited his response.

Nigel did not appear to like the crisis I had 'created' when he said that it was silly, especially the parts about the fire at a cinema, the rescue workers going on strike, the harms of generators running out of fuel, families being killed in collapsing buildings, and a disease outbreak. He also said it was absurd that junior doctors would go on strike.

The crisis itself may not have been the best but it was an interesting experiment nonetheless. I'll leave you to make your own conclusions.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I concur, it was interesting to see how I have been guilty of writing some rubbish in the Crisis Committee years ago, however, it was not as bad as some crises, and it demonstrates how the Crisis Committee is a bad idea when there is no checking process of nonsense ideas.

ReputationRep:
    May I ask why the Conservative and Unionist Party currently has 2 representives on the crisis committee despite the MHOC guidance document clearly stating "there shall be one representative from each party"?

Since neither Nigel Farage MEP nor Life_peer are currently Foreign Secretary or Deputy Speaker, what will be done to correct this clear violation?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    May I ask why the Conservative and Unionist Party currently has 2 representives on the crisis committee despite the MHOC guidance document clearly stating "there shall be one representative from each party"?

Since neither Nigel Farage MEP nor Life_peer are currently Foreign Secretary or Deputy Speaker, what will be done to correct this clear violation?
    I have addressed this in Ask the Speaker
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

You are late, it is nice to know you listen to Petros when he tells you to make a post but he is ahead of you by raising the issue himself in Ask the Speaker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    You are late, it is nice to know you listen to Petros when he tells you to make a post but he is ahead of you by raising the issue himself in Ask the Speaker.
    I must admit that it took a bit of scrolling to find Ask the Crisis Committee, regardless, I fail to see the relevance of this to the point raised, also it's worth nothing that I raised this in the Tory Question Time Thread before Petros made his post in AtS.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I must admit that it took a bit of scrolling to find Ask the Crisis Committee, regardless, I fail to see the relevance of this to the point raised, also it's worth nothing that I raised this in the Tory Question Time Thread before Petros made his post in AtS.
    You'll find AtS to be pinned

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.