Cancelling Hotel - Hotel still want to charge - Transfer all my money out?

Watch this thread
Mihael_Keehl
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I was going to a hotel.

I had to cancel.

The cost is £115 and in dorset fml

They say I have missed their cancel time

They have my credit card account.

Can I transfer all my money to my paypal account so that they dont take it out of my account. Thanks
Potally_Tissed
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Or you could just avoid all the hassle and pay the £74.
Das Ich Man
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Damn girl get the first plane to Moscow cus your in for a cold day
SakuraCayla
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Unless you can find something in the contract which you can show them to prove you don't have to pay you will most likely have to pay, and if you don't they'll either just give up, or they could potentially chase you for the money
Mihael_Keehl
Rep:
(Original post by Potally_Tissed)
what,really?

(Original post by Das Ich Man)
Damn girl get the first plane to Moscow cus your in for a cold day
Mihael_Keehl
Rep:
(Original post by Potally_Tissed)
(Original post by Kay_Winters)
Unless you can find something in the contract which you can show them to prove you don't have to pay you will most likely have to pay, and if you don't they'll either just give up, or they could potentially chase you for the money
If I transfer all the money out?

Can they still charge on a debit card?
SakuraCayla
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mihael_Keehl)

They wouldn't be able to take the money no, but they could chase you for payment regardless as I understand it
Potally_Tissed
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
what,really?
Yeah, you don't really have a leg to stand on.

Heard of an overdraft? What are you planning to do, just never use that account again?
Mihael_Keehl
Rep:
(Original post by Kay_Winters)
They wouldn't be able to take the money no, but they could chase you for payment regardless as I understand it
Could they actually take it to court as such.

Thanks for your help btw.
Jenx301
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
They might take the money and leave your bank overdrawn - or keep hassling you. They may pass the money on to a collection agency who will add extra charges.
pezisland37
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
you should book a one way ticket to yemen.
I was going to a hotel.

I had to cancel.

The cost is £74 something

They have my debit card account.

Can I transfer all my money to my paypal account so that they dont take it out of my account. Thanks
TheArtofProtest
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I was going to a hotel.

I had to cancel.

The cost is £74 something

They have my debit card account.

Most hotels would allow you to move your dates forward.

So,phone up and tell them that you got a flight 2 weeks later and you want to move your dates.

Hopefully, you should now be within the cancellation time and they may not charge you for cancellation.
SakuraCayla
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Could they actually take it to court as such.

Thanks for your help btw.
I am unsure about taking it to court, especially with how small the payment is I doubt they'd want to pay fees of taking the issue to court at all, as it likely wouldn't be worth it at all
Mihael_Keehl
Rep:
(Original post by TheArtofProtest)

So,phone up and tell them that you got a flight 2 weeks later and you want to move your dates.

Hopefully, you should now be within the cancellation time and they may not charge you for cancellation.
Do you think it would work if I tried to postpone and then cancelled a week from now.
Mihael_Keehl
Rep:

the hotel is for tomorrow, will that be a problem?

Do you think thanks for your help
Natalo77
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
the hotel is for tomorrow, will that be a problem?

Do you think thanks for your help
Do you not think you're being slightly unreasonable NOT paying them considering they likely won't be able to re-book that business at 8pm in the evening for the next day?
TheArtofProtest
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Do you think it would work if I tried to postpone and then cancelled a week from now.
Find their postponing and cancellation policy and then take it from there.

Or, if you are outside the time of their policy, then it's still worth phoning up and speaking personally because they may be able to do something at short notice.
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I think you can go to your bank and personally ask to block transaction from a company. My mum asked them to block number 3 because they were taking money when she had already cancelled the contract.
doodle_333
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Just pay it. You agreed to stay in the room and now they might struggle to let it because you've changed your mind. You agreed to the terms so deal with the consequences.
Mihael_Keehl
Rep:
Find their postponing and cancellation policy and then take it from there.

Or, if you are outside the time of their policy, then it's still worth phoning up and speaking personally because they may be able to do something at short notice.
I can't find anythin it is very obscure.

Should I just call them up and ask them if I can postpone and try to cancel on later.

(Original post by ihatePE)
I think you can go to your bank and personally ask to block transaction from a company. My mum asked them to block number 3 because they were taking money when she had already cancelled the contract.
I will do this tomorrow if it does not get resolved.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (277)
41.78%
The paper was reasonable (276)
41.63%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.05%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.54%

Watched Threads