Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cancelling Hotel - Hotel still want to charge - Transfer all my money out? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In future, when going to hotel with bae, book on the day. Better yet, abstain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    In future, when going to hotel with bae, book on the day. Better yet, abstain.
    can confirm I an indeed bae x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    As long as she sticks to the obligations placed upon her when booking the room, then she is entirely within her rights to also ask for her rights under such a contract.

It might be annoying, yes, but so is forking out £74 for a cancellation. That is extortion. It's not like hotels book out every room. No, like airlines, they overbook passengers and in the unlikely event that all the guests/passengers turn up, then they simply bump one or two to a bigger suite or next airplane.

There is nothing wrong with sticking to the contract, in terms of postponing or cancellation but you attempting to guilt trip someone into paying £74 when they don't have to is simply absurd behaviour.
    I agree ^^^

PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    Don't be selfish. You have booked and they have a right to charge you for it, by cancelling you deprive them of their money.

Ring up, apologise, cancel, this happened to me once and they actually did find someone to take the room, so I did get a refund.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mihael_Keehl)
    Thank you it is all sorted out
    Ah good!

Dorset, I can't travel that far lolz
    Aha. Rather begs the question: whyja book it in the first place(?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Ah good!

Aha. Rather begs the question: whyja book it in the first place(?)
    Thank you for your help

Its a very long story, however I will be more reticent in future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    I'm glad it's worked out for you.

Have a good evening.
    Got it cancelled with no charge, you saved me a lot of money, thank you for providing excellent advice/help unlike all of the other retards on this thread.

(Original post by PTS_99)
    My parent's run a hotel and I can tell you that there is nothing more annoying, disrespectful or dishonest than what some people are suggesting. You agreed to the terms and conditions, including terms of cancellation, when you booked and paid for the room. Not paying for the room might not seem like much to you but to the hotel it could mean the difference between employing staff or not. Lying to the hotel like that is even worse, to move the date then cancel is beyond disrespectful.
    Just pay for room that YOU booked, and that the hotel and its staff will no doubt spend time effort (and money in consequence) to prepare for you.
    lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.