Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been caught in this vicious cycle? Watch

Announcements

found someone to crush on ---> know you'll never be with them ---> try to get over them ----> misery -----> finally got over them ---> found someone to crush on.

it just goes on and on and i'm so tired. It's worse for me because i've never been in a relationship before, i feel like missing out and then everyone around school and in the media, relationships are EVERYWHERE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    found someone to crush on ---> know you'll never be with them ---> try to get over them ----> misery -----> finally got over them ---> found someone to crush on.

it just goes on and on and i'm so tired. It's worse for me because i've never been in a relationship before, i feel like missing out and then everyone around school and in the media, relationships are EVERYWHERE.
    Described me perfectly :cry:
    Someone understands my feels :five:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That's my life

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    nope mine is mostly this
    want to loose weight --> sees cakes, eats cake --> annoyed about weight, vow to loose weight --> sees cake and repeat

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its really a vicious cycle. Try to break the 'know you'll never be with them' part - work on improving yourself, become more confident and there's no reason you can't get be with someone you like.

ReputationRep:
    No thread has ever described my life so well :lol:

In my case, I've been into the same guy for about 2 years now and it's driving me crazy. When I think I've got over him, the crush comes back in full force

Yup

ReputationRep:

How come you know you'll never be with them?

When I was at school, I put a few girls up on a pedestal and never tried anything with them because I was too scared. Thinking back now, they'd have probably said yes. Give it a shot. You'll kick yourself if you don't.

(Original post by shawtyb)
    nope mine is mostly this
    want to loose weight --> sees cakes, eats cake --> annoyed about weight, vow to loose weight --> sees cake and repeat
    Basically :rofl:

(Original post by dean01234)
    I don't think its really a vicious cycle. Try to break the 'know you'll never be with them' part - work on improving yourself, become more confident and there's no reason you can't get be with someone you like.
    i'm trying to focus on my life and hobby, and getting good grades at the moment but the crush take up half of my thoughts sometimes when i'm not occupied which is super annoying

ReputationRep:
    Would a relationship benefit you enough to rationalize sacrificing your mental health and life aspirations?

Concentrate on your future, take a long hard think about if you even need a relationship.

I guarantee you'll realize it's not even worth it.

You're what, 16/17?

Relationships mean nothing at this stage of life.

may be hard to swallow but you may not even see this 'crush' again once you've finished this year, even!

ReputationRep:
    Used to be me, but I decided that all of that was emotionally draining and a total waste of time. So if i think it will never happen, bye lol

(Original post by Natalo77)
    Would a relationship benefit you enough to rationalize sacrificing your mental health and life aspirations?

Concentrate on your future, take a long hard think about if you even need a relationship.

I guarantee you'll realize it's not even worth it.

You're what, 16/17?

Relationships mean nothing at this stage of life.

may be hard to swallow but you may not even see this 'crush' again once you've finished this year, even!
    it never crossed my mind before, i'm really happy being alone and spending time by myself. it's just these past few years my emotions have gotten too strong for me to handle and often i give up and spend a whole day feeling depressed. i hope it's just a teenage phase and the biological effect will fade because at this point i want someone to love me back more than succeeding in life.

ReputationRep:
    it never crossed my mind before, i'm really happy being alone and spending time by myself. it's just these past few years my emotions have gotten too strong for me to handle and often i give up and spend a whole day feeling depressed. i hope it's just a teenage phase and the biological effect will fade because at this point i want someone to love me back more than succeeding in life.
    It happens to many.

I messed up the very beginning of a relationship once, made me hate life for a good few months.

but it made me realize that I didn't need a relationship.

I've never been in a relationship, but from my eyes, they seem like a huge risk.

frankly, I see it as being somewhat like crossing the two world trade centers on a slack wire with no support.

the stress you can endure on the way can be worse that what you're experiencing now.

if something goes badly wrong then it's a long way down.

and what's on the other side?

IF, and it's a big IF

you really want to start a relationship, then there isn't anything stopping you asking anyway.

unless the person you are asking is a complete knob and decides to reject you and then tell the entire school, they'll be cool about it too.

worst case scenario? They tell the school what you did, but you had the guts to do it and if they were willing to do what they did then my previous argument is pretty solid :P

(Original post by Natalo77)
    It happens to many.

I messed up the very beginning of a relationship once, made me hate life for a good few months.

but it made me realize that I didn't need a relationship.

I've never been in a relationship, but from my eyes, they seem like a huge risk.

frankly, I see it as being somewhat like crossing the two world trade centers on a slack wire with no support.

the stress you can endure on the way can be worse that what you're experiencing now.

if something goes badly wrong then it's a long way down.

and what's on the other side?

IF, and it's a big IF

you really want to start a relationship, then there isn't anything stopping you asking anyway.

unless the person you are asking is a complete knob and decides to reject you and then tell the entire school, they'll be cool about it too.

worst case scenario? They tell the school what you did, but you had the guts to do it and if they were willing to do what they did then my previous argument is pretty solid :P
    i understand that the drop from a broken relationship is even worse, but maybe just one hug from someone, just someone to look at me and say something warming. This situation has also had some impact on me, i feel less confident in myself, im starting to realise that i'm not attractive or even average. does it get better in uni though? many say it does for my situation because people in school are so different and closed than people in uni they say.

ReputationRep:

this is where you're doing it wrong already.

bishes aint chit, brah. never put a girl on a pedestal.

ReputationRep:
    i understand that the drop from a broken relationship is even worse, but maybe just one hug from someone, just someone to look at me and say something warming. This situation has also had some impact on me, i feel less confident in myself, im starting to realise that i'm not attractive or even average. does it get better in uni though? many say it does for my situation because people in school are so different and closed than people in uni they say.

Take that good long think I mentioned

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.