Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's one Wednesday a week for 4 weeks. It means I'd have to leave the lecture early for the four Wednesdays and miss two workshops. I've messaged the lecturer and he has said it is up to me but I would be missing crucial information in the workshops. However, the High Flyers programme is there to build your skills, get you summer internships and ultimately to get you on a graduate scheme. I believe it goes on your transcript. They only accept 60 people from the university as well. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjyates)
    It's one Wednesday a week for 4 weeks. It means I'd have to leave the lecture early for the four Wednesdays and miss two workshops. I've messaged the lecturer and he has said it is up to me but I would be missing crucial information in the workshops. However, the High Flyers programme is there to build your skills, get you summer internships and ultimately to get you on a graduate scheme. I believe it goes on your transcript. They only accept 60 people from the university as well. What do you think?
    You go to derby university - it is hardly Yale is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    You go to derby university - it is hardly Yale is it?
    I don't see how that's relevant. Just snobbish

ReputationRep:

Copy the lecture notes from your mates who attended( over a nice cup of coffee) or find a soft copy of the lecture you've missed from your uni portal(Blackboard, moodle, etc).

Simplez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Lightning)
    Copy the lecture notes from your mates who attended( over a nice cup of coffee) or find a soft copy of the lecture you've missed from your uni portal(Blackboard, moodle, etc).

Simplez
    So you think it's worth missing then?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would do it. It will look good on your CV and to graduate employers and you can easily catch up on missed lectures etc.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how that's relevant. Just snobbish
    no it isn't - it is realistic - I am an employer - unless you have a BSc from a decent uni - you can pick and choose your employees. Derby is such a mediocre uni. It is about time the government woke uo to the fact the 90% of degrees are pointless and the uni of derby is hardly Yale is it

ReputationRep:
    no it isn't - it is realistic - I am an employer - unless you have a BSc from a decent uni - you can pick and choose your employees. Derby is such a mediocre uni. It is about time the government woke uo to the fact the 90% of degrees are pointless and the uni of derby is hardly Yale is it
    Damn son.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a vocational degree as a mature student. It's great that you're an employer but I'm looking for hands on work. I'm getting firsts in everything I do, I'm a programme rep, mentor for the university and I work for the National Trust. I don't feel you needed to add your snooty opinion regarding my university when it is the perfect place for me to achieve what I would like to do in life.

ReputationRep:
    I very much doubt that you are some highflying career defining employer if you're spending your time insulting people on tsr

ReputationRep:
    So you think it's worth missing then?
    Missing a few lectures won't make a difference in the long run as long you take responsibility and catch up on your notes.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say do it, you may never have the chance to go on it again and if it boosts your CV even better. Don't Derby put their lectures on line? I heard that they do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 8, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.