Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I miss lectures to go on a High Flyers programme? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    It's one Wednesday a week for 4 weeks. It means I'd have to leave the lecture early for the four Wednesdays and miss two workshops. I've messaged the lecturer and he has said it is up to me but I would be missing crucial information in the workshops. However, the High Flyers programme is there to build your skills, get you summer internships and ultimately to get you on a graduate scheme. I believe it goes on your transcript. They only accept 60 people from the university as well. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjyates)
    It's one Wednesday a week for 4 weeks. It means I'd have to leave the lecture early for the four Wednesdays and miss two workshops. I've messaged the lecturer and he has said it is up to me but I would be missing crucial information in the workshops. However, the High Flyers programme is there to build your skills, get you summer internships and ultimately to get you on a graduate scheme. I believe it goes on your transcript. They only accept 60 people from the university as well. What do you think?
    You go to derby university - it is hardly Yale is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    You go to derby university - it is hardly Yale is it?
    I don't see how that's relevant. Just snobbish

ReputationRep:

Copy the lecture notes from your mates who attended( over a nice cup of coffee) or find a soft copy of the lecture you've missed from your uni portal(Blackboard, moodle, etc).

Simplez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Lightning)
    Copy the lecture notes from your mates who attended( over a nice cup of coffee) or find a soft copy of the lecture you've missed from your uni portal(Blackboard, moodle, etc).

Simplez
    So you think it's worth missing then?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would do it. It will look good on your CV and to graduate employers and you can easily catch up on missed lectures etc.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how that's relevant. Just snobbish
    no it isn't - it is realistic - I am an employer - unless you have a BSc from a decent uni - you can pick and choose your employees. Derby is such a mediocre uni. It is about time the government woke uo to the fact the 90% of degrees are pointless and the uni of derby is hardly Yale is it

ReputationRep:
    no it isn't - it is realistic - I am an employer - unless you have a BSc from a decent uni - you can pick and choose your employees. Derby is such a mediocre uni. It is about time the government woke uo to the fact the 90% of degrees are pointless and the uni of derby is hardly Yale is it
    Damn son.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a vocational degree as a mature student. It's great that you're an employer but I'm looking for hands on work. I'm getting firsts in everything I do, I'm a programme rep, mentor for the university and I work for the National Trust. I don't feel you needed to add your snooty opinion regarding my university when it is the perfect place for me to achieve what I would like to do in life.

ReputationRep:
    I very much doubt that you are some highflying career defining employer if you're spending your time insulting people on tsr

ReputationRep:
    So you think it's worth missing then?
    Missing a few lectures won't make a difference in the long run as long you take responsibility and catch up on your notes.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say do it, you may never have the chance to go on it again and if it boosts your CV even better. Don't Derby put their lectures on line? I heard that they do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.