Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Secondary MFL pgce interview at UCL - I'm stuck! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I graduated from UCL in 2012. Got a 2.1 in Spanish and Latin American Studies. I have been working as a special needs TA for two years now.

I hope you're right ;-)
    What's your situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evita_Peron)
    I graduated from UCL in 2012. Got a 2.1 in Spanish and Latin American Studies. I have been working as a special needs TA for two years now.

I hope you're right ;-)
    What's your situation?
    I graduated with a 1st last year from Edinburgh University, I was studying French and Italian.

This year I have done a few freelance writing jobs, got a few things published, I volunteer in a couple of museums and I'm just generally trying to get what side jobs I can.

I am trying to find tutoring jobs in London, but it's tough.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, it's very tough. I have one tutoring job and it's for my colleague's daughter!

I got an offer from UCL this afternoon I'm so happy and sooo relieved!

ReputationRep:
    I agree, it's very tough. I have one tutoring job and it's for my colleague's daughter!

I got an offer from UCL this afternoon I'm so happy and sooo relieved!

Congratulations! Knew it though.
    Let's go for that coffee some time.

ReputationRep:
    Deffo! I'm so excited, can't wait for September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizfairy)
    Congratulations! Knew it though.
    Let's go for that coffee some time.
    Hi lizfairy! Have you heard from UCL about the SKEs? Have you arranged anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi lizfairy! Have you heard from UCL about the SKEs? Have you arranged anything yet?
    Yes been accepted onto course, just need to hear back about funding etc!

ReputationRep:
    Shoot! I need to get in touch with UCL then! Did you arrange it yourself or did they arrange it for you?

ReputationRep:
    oh, and was completing an SKE a condition of yout offer?

ReputationRep:
    oh, and was completing an SKE a condition of yout offer?
    Yes it was. I got in touch with them myself. Do you also have this condition?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am applying for a PGCE in Science with Physics. I already got one offer and I have an interview at the UCL coming up. I would like to hear some reviews from the students in order to decide between the two universities. Is there anybody here that did a PGCE in Science? Are you happy from what the uni had to offer to you?Any advice?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.