Critique my diet!

Watch
JollyJelly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Last few weeks I've been meal prepping. It's starting to become a chore to eat so healthy and so much (think it must be the first time I've weighed food and counted calories so much) but Sometimes I feel really hungry but not for my prepped meal! Like I REALLY want some sh** food like a maccies. Is this normal?

Meals
1 - Oats
2, 3, 4 and 5 - chicken, rice and vegetables (spinach, kale or broccoli usually)
6 - whey shake
7 - Casein shake

I know my calories and macros and stuff, but I was wondering how healthy is it to eat like this? As in not varied and the same everyday. I don't plan on changing it up for a while since I'm getting good at the routine now, and it's cheap.

What do you guys think? Anything you'd change?
Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Your diet sounds boring AF. Why so so so bro?

You'll end up binging on something like Maccies, I would on that lol

Also just fyi; you don't need to waste your money on casein; it's expensive whey. We might have had that discussion before
JollyJelly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Angry cucumber)
Your diet sounds boring AF. Why so so so bro?

You'll end up binging on something like Maccies, I would on that lol

Also just fyi; you don't need to waste your money on casein; it's expensive whey. We might have had that discussion before
Yeah I know it's boring but I do actually feel better eating it. I think it's the lack of sugar and saturated fat but I do feel better. And it is hard but I've kept it together nearly a month apart from two nights on the piss ->kebabs!

Regards to the casein yeah true but I just bought the bundle and thought May as well take it before bed as easy calories! And maybe it's placebo but I feel less sore the morning after taking it.
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Serious lack of fruit and veg going on, even if you had broccoli, kale and spinach every day that's only 3 a day and not even the most varied 3 a day. You could put fruit in your oats, get some frozen mixed veg or just pick some more to stick in with what you have already- like you can put a carrot and pepper in the pot with broccoli so the added effort in minimal

Also where's you fats? When I crave junk I'm usually just peanut butter deficient
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:fyi: you need to eat a variety of things.
Andre.Oliveira
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nice one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BKS)
Serious lack of fruit and veg going on, even if you had broccoli, kale and spinach every day that's only 3 a day and not even the most varied 3 a day. You could put fruit in your oats, get some frozen mixed veg or just pick some more to stick in with what you have already- like you can put a carrot and pepper in the pot with broccoli so the added effort in minimal

Also where's you fats? When I crave junk I'm usually just peanut butter deficient
This
JollyJelly
Rep:
?
(Original post by BKS)

Yeah you're right I should eat more fruit/veg. Will shoehorn some in.

With regards to fats I put almond butter on the chicken or drizzle oil onto the rice. Probably still not enough mind. Any suggestions on how to add more?
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JollyJelly)
Yeah you're right I should eat more fruit/veg. Will shoehorn some in.

With regards to fats I put almond butter on the chicken or drizzle oil onto the rice. Probably still not enough mind. Any suggestions on how to add more?
Get a jar of peanut butter and a spoon, eat
Nut butters on oat cakes or toast or crackers
Coconut based curries
Nuts in curries in general, like almond in korma and cashew in Thia curries
Or just eat nuts on their own
I'm very fond of roast sunflower seed, you can get sunflower seed in poundland (I think that's the right one anyway) and roasting them is really easy
Avocado in all ways- guacamole, chunks/slices in sandwiches/wraps, is mash potato
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd want to kill myself if I had to stick to that everyday. Also, as some of the others have nodded to, micronutrients are important
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (52)
28.57%
No (130)
71.43%

Watched Threads