The Student Room Group

College is going downhill for me again!

Hey, I'm having a really bad time at college at the moment. I am 18 and male (dont know if that helps at all?) I'm really shy and quiet and rarely say anything.
Everyone on my course has turned against me and is now making fun of me, asking lots of personal questions (and forcing me to give an answer, which I just make up to shut them up), running away from me at lunchtimes, making it blatantly obvious that they think they're better than me in every way possible and they also mention the fact that I've never had a girlfriend and laugh at it. All of this really hurts me. I don't have much confidence and I have even less now after this.
It's really irritating me now. Things had been going ok over the last week, but today things went bad again. I can't tell you how much I hate them all now!!
They are so childish and I can't stand to be with them anymore.
I'm now starting to get to the point where I don't want to go to in to college anymore just to avoid them.
Today really made things worse.
If it carries on like it did today, I can guarantee that I will end up having a major argument with them or end up punching one of them!
I'm getting upset about it all now. I don't know why they hate me so much now. I've done nothing bad to them at all.
The teachers we have are also extremely useless. They don't teach us anything and aren't very good at keeping confidential problems confidential, which is why I haven't told them about it.
Can someone relate to this or understand what's happening.
I really can't take much more of this now!
Thanks for reading. Apologies that it's long.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
That's bullying, you need to talk to a senior member of staff at the college because you shouldn't have to put up with that. Worse comes to worse, go gym bulk up and knock the **** outta them
It sounds like they haven't grown up, my main advice would be to just ignore them if you haven't got much longer on your course but if you have more than a year it might be good to look into other colleges if you don't even feel like you're getting anything out of it
Reply 3
Original post by Ekno
That's bullying, you need to talk to a senior member of staff at the college because you shouldn't have to put up with that. Worse comes to worse, go gym bulk up and knock the **** outta them

There's this girl on my course (who everyone hates, including me) who put in a report and then the teacher came and told us about it. So there's no point in doing that as everyone will find out.
I guess I could do that (i would get in some serious **** though). I really want to do that but I would need to go to the gym first.
Reply 4
Original post by Blondie987
It sounds like they haven't grown up, my main advice would be to just ignore them if you haven't got much longer on your course but if you have more than a year it might be good to look into other colleges if you don't even feel like you're getting anything out of it

They sure don't act like they've grown up.
I'm trying to ignore them at the moment but it's really hard (they don't shut up).
I have around 6 months left so I'll probably stay where I am.
Original post by DavidYYY
They sure don't act like they've grown up.
I'm trying to ignore them at the moment but it's really hard (they don't shut up).
I have around 6 months left so I'll probably stay where I am.

I don't want to give you bad advice but sometimes people like this get put off when you act like you enjoy the joking, they're looking for a negative reaction so if you laugh at yourself with them, it might put them off?
Reply 6

He can't just ignore them, it will affect him in many different ways.

The reasonable advice would be to speak to your tutor but the chances of this being resolved is minimalistic.

I cannot recommend anything else because it does not suit a TSR member..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
There's this girl on my course (who everyone hates, including me) who put in a report and then the teacher came and told us about it. So there's no point in doing that as everyone will find out.
I guess I could do that (i would get in some serious **** though). I really want to do that but I would need to go to the gym first.

try telling your teacher to keep all the info confidential and rather than trying to intervene by being hands on, ask them for advice for how you can get around these problems and what they can do to make it easier on you e.g. changing your classes
Reply 8
I don't want to give you bad advice but sometimes people like this get put off when you act like you enjoy the joking, they're looking for a negative reaction so if you laugh at yourself with them, it might put them off?

I have heard about that before actually.
I could give it a go and see how it goes. It's gonna be hard though.
I have heard about that before actually.
I could give it a go and see how it goes. It's gonna be hard though.

Well, like the above poster said, it is still bullying so don't be afraid to go and speak to the head of your college, even to just make a note of the incidents, you seem like a really nice guy so don't let yourself think that there's anything behind their behaviour, I'm sure a lot of it just comes from boredom, regardless it's not acceptable so just do what you what makes you happy, I definitely wouldn't resort to violence though, it will end worse for you than for them, good luck! :smile:
Original post by Ekno
try telling your teacher to keep all the info confidential and rather than trying to intervene by being hands on, ask them for advice for how you can get around these problems and what they can do to make it easier on you e.g. changing your classes

We are all together for all lessons so I can't change class (there's only 11 of us).
Not sure how long they would keep it confidential though.
They have let it out before so I don't really trust them with this.
Original post by davidb9966
He can't just ignore them, it will affect him in many different ways.

The reasonable advice would be to speak to your tutor but the chances of this being resolved is minimalistic.

I cannot recommend anything else because it does not suit a TSR member..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really see it being resolved by my tutors at all. They don't do anything.
I don't quite get the last bit
Well, like the above poster said, it is still bullying so don't be afraid to go and speak to the head of your college, even to just make a note of the incidents, you seem like a really nice guy so don't let yourself think that there's anything behind their behaviour, I'm sure a lot of it just comes from boredom, regardless it's not acceptable so just do what you what makes you happy, I definitely wouldn't resort to violence though, it will end worse for you than for them, good luck! :smile:

I may pay a visit to him and see how that goes.
Thanks. Not many people seem to think that.
I have to say, some of them are a little irritated with the poor teaching that is occurring currently. The teaching is rather appauling from a couple of tutors.
I try to keep happy.
I don't want to resort to violence as I realized that I would be worse off, as you said.
Thanks for the advice.
Really helpful :smile:
Reply 13
We are all together for all lessons so I can't change class (there's only 11 of us).
Not sure how long they would keep it confidential though.
They have let it out before so I don't really trust them with this.

im gonna level with you, i've been in the same situation and I just lost it and went ape **** at them in public. Once a few people held me back they realised i'd had enough and they never bothered me again.
I may pay a visit to him and see how that goes.
Thanks. Not many people seem to think that.
I have to say, some of them are a little irritated with the poor teaching that is occurring currently. The teaching is rather appauling from a couple of tutors.
I try to keep happy.
I don't want to resort to violence as I realized that I would be worse off, as you said.
Thanks for the advice.
Really helpful :smile:

No problem, technically they're still in school and haven't had experience of the real world so are still acting childishly but that's not your problem, I'm sure you'll come out of this as the bigger person and if you ever need to talk about it we're here lol :biggrin:
im gonna level with you, i've been in the same situation and I just lost it and went ape **** at them in public. Once a few people held me back they realised i'd had enough and they never bothered me again.

I'm feeling that I may end up doing the same if it carries on like this.
I did do that to this kid in high school and he never bothered me again.
I don't want to do it as I'll get in deep **** for it.
It's good that you stood up for yourself and they realized what they'd done.
Reply 16
Same here pal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending