Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Interracial dating for the wrong reasons Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How do you feel about people (especially black) who choose to date white or lighter people for the sole purpose of having light skin children?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not convinced such people exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunilaa)
    How do you feel about people (especially black) who choose to date white or lighter people for the sole purpose of having light skin children?
    I dated a girl that was a lot like this. I felt used. But mainly I think she was just more of like a lower class that's why she thought that way.

Some people from a community that's really racist to dark skinned/curlier hair people oddly that can be in the black american community.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    they do

ReputationRep:
    Their lives, they can do what they like

All races do this not just black. It's just often there are no religious barriers and smaller cultural/language barriers for black people so they pair up more with white people. Where I live they banned Asians from using white sperm donors on the NHS to lighten up their babies.

Plus you have to see it this way. If you were a victim of racism, bullying or oppression why wouldn't you want you kids to have an easier time than you? If you knew your children would have better prospects for being 1/2, 3/4 or 3/8 etc white then what is so bad about that?

ReputationRep:
    Believe me they do exist, I grew up around lots of people that think like that

ReputationRep:
    Useless post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    Their lives, they can do what they like
    It's deeper than just "their life"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    All races do this not just black. It's just often there are no religious barriers and smaller cultural/language barriers for black people so they pair up more with white people. Where I live they banned Asians from using white sperm donors on the NHS to lighten up their babies.

Plus you have to see it this way. If you were a victim of racism, bullying or oppression why wouldn't you want you kids to have an easier time than you? If you knew your children would have better prospects for being 1/2, 3/4 or 3/8 etc white then what is so bad about that?
    Sheeesh were do you live?

And yeah I understand your point but still most people who think like that make those life choices based on their self hatred

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    Useless post.
    Why bother replying?

ReputationRep:
    It's sad, but it happens.

I'm only really attracted to black guys so I'm 99.9% sure all my kids will be black, it doesn't bother me. Black is beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    It's sad, but it happens.

I'm only really attracted to black guys so I'm 99.9% sure all my kids will be black, it doesn't bother me. Black is beautiful
    Black is sure beautiful

ReputationRep:
    It's deeper than just "their life"
    It is? Afaik, the only people's lives that it is affecting is their own. Doesn't get much "deeper" than that

Sheeesh were do you live?

And yeah I understand your point but still most people who think like that make those life choices based on their self hatred
    Is it self hatred, but why do they hate themselves? Who or what taught them to?

Also sperm from Denmark, where there is a high frequency of blonde hair and blue eyes, is some of the most sought after in the world, including by other white people. Even whites want to whiten up.

ReputationRep:
    lol believe me. They really do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is it self hatred, but why do they hate themselves? Who or what taught them to?

Also sperm from Denmark, where there is a high frequency of blonde hair and blue eyes, is some of the most sought after in the world, including by other white people. Even whites want to whiten up.
    Society. Mainstream media.

ReputationRep:
    I'm white but have sometimes thought about having kids with someone outside my race, and then brainwashing my kids to to do the same so I could change my racial lineage...."ooops yeh, sorry mum and dad, all your descendants are black now"

There's obviously a premium to being white in this world, so I can understand why people from other races would want to do that. Tbh do think its a bit of sad state of affairs, that in many respects you will have an easier life just because you're white (or part white).

ReputationRep:
    no lie but a close friend of mine is dating her black boyfriend just so then the can have mixed raced children. I always wonder what goes on in her mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenns_lifestyle)
    no lie but a close friend of mine is dating her black boyfriend just so then the can have mixed raced children. I always wonder what goes on in her mind.
    yeh have seen this a bit on twitter - white girls going on about how cute mixed race babies are

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.