Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Survey - Only 15% support refugee policies of Angela Merkel Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    http://www.n24.de/n24/Nachrichten/Po...iessungen.html

The Cologne New Year's attacks brought the mood for tipping : Only 15 percent support , according to survey N24 - refugee policy of the Chancellor . The majority of calls for a border closure .

Chancellor Angela Merkel ( CDU ) unit because of their refugee policy not only in the ranks of the CDU and CSU increasingly coming under fire . The approval in the population wanes increasingly .

Only 15 percent speak in a representative Emnid survey commissioned by N24 for the continuation of the current rate. Calling for 79 per cent , to tighten the conditions for asylum seekers in Germany . Unions voters even go one step further : You require 90 percent of a harder line

ReputationRep:
    Look at cologne if you want to see how refugees repay the wests hospitality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EccentricDiamond)
    Look at cologne if you want to see how refugees repay the wests hospitality
    I am a refugee. I like this cologne. Can you buy it for me please?

ReputationRep:
    They should all be deported with immediate effect.

ReputationRep:
    15% is a high number. Most Germans prefer a cap rather than Merkel's open door policy. Even within her party, there is opposition and Merkel is just too pigheaded to change her mind. She does not listen to German voters.

ReputationRep:
    My mother, who is a very devout Muslim and is Arab called the refugees in Turkey, Jordan and Europe 'cockroaches' lmfao :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    I am a refugee. I like this cologne. Can you buy it for me please?

What?

ReputationRep:
    After the attacks in Cologne, I think the policies of the UK and Canada are better. I still think we have some moral duty to support the Syrian people, but Merkel's policy has been the wrong approach (though so has that of e.g. Hungary). In Canada, they're only admitting women and children (i.e. those who are vulnerable), and obviously in the UK is taking refugees directly from the (completely overcrowded and hazardous) refugee camps in the region.

I'm really sick of the refugee debate being a proxy of people's views on immigration. Few engage with it critically - on both sides, the Kippers and the Corbynitas show their tribalism time and time again. Let's have a mature discussion, please.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.