Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can I quit my Dissertation which is a full year module and replace it with two accounting/economics modules for the spring term?

My dissertation is not compulsory, hence I was wondering whether it is possible to quit it and to do two half modules in my second term.

I have probably left it too late, haven't I?
    I will still contact the University, I was wondering if anyone has ever done something like this.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to say no, partly because dissertation's are usually compulsory and partly because you would have to do 4 half modules to catch up credit-wise as the first semester of your dissertation would not count towards your credits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    I'm going to say no, partly because dissertation's are usually compulsory and partly because you would have to do 4 half modules to catch up credit-wise as the first semester of your dissertation would not count towards your credits.
    Thanks for the reply, it is not compulsory for my course. I am studying a joint degree in Accounting and Economics.
    My plan is to drop the dissertation which is a full year course (1 unit) and then do two half courses in the spring term (.5 each). It would be two half courses.

I will have to see.

ReputationRep:
    At this moment in time (until Monday) I am still able to choose modules for the spring term (other modules).

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to say your university will probably allow it given that the dissertation is not compulsory but you really need to be asking them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speckle)
    I'm going to say your university will probably allow it given that the dissertation is not compulsory but you really need to be asking them.
    You were absolutely right, Speckle!
    I went to my Economics Department and explained the situation; and they approved.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.