The Student Room Group

19 , hot and single; am i weird?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yourheartsealed
That last sentence you just said holy mole literally girls invite me to places so they can snapchat and show people how much so called fun they're having. You're so right I do have difficulty in maintaining friendships bc of their ulterior motives which is why I find it hard to trust humans .

Gets more and more interesting.

Didn't really expect there to be so much written on this subject. Forums too.

'Attractive girls either always or never have a boyfriend' - This seems to be so true.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/flirting/q381704-attractive-girls-either-always-or-never-have-a

https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/727305/1
Original post by stefano865
Gets more and more interesting.

Didn't really expect there to be so much written on this subject. Forums too.

'Attractive girls either always or never have a boyfriend' - This seems to be so true.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/flirting/q381704-attractive-girls-either-always-or-never-have-a

https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/727305/1

Those were some intresting reads. It's so true how it's frustrating , the grass is not greener on the other side trust me. Guys just stare but don't approach it's like they're eye ducking you lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Those were some intresting reads. It's so true how it's frustrating , the grass is not greener on the other side trust me

This sums up my life. :tongue:

http://thoughtcatalog.com/charlie-morrigan/2013/05/i-hate-being-a-beautiful-man/
Now I know I shouldn't be letting this take over my thoughts however i've been thinking about this for awhile. I am 19 and have been single my whole life am i weird? guys always stare at me and ive sometimes gotten free food , discounts from things, doors opened etc . Whats even more crazy is that ive gotten two proposals. I get over hundreds of likes and comments on my instagram posts yet no man has had the confidence to approach me in a friendly manner.

Now in the pass i have put myself out there but i got it thrown back in my face so i gave up. People always assume i am taken but im not`literally i have no boys numbers in my phone saved. no kidding, the other day i got told by some random guy at the bus stop to put boys last and focus on my education. But I think i am running away from it incase i get hurt bc my mother got divorced 5 times sadly. people who i have trusted in the past have thrown me under the bus, i've lost so many friendships in the past which has made me scared to open up and trust people , im scared to open up and love someone :frown:

anyone give me advice :frown:

Just focus on the guy you like the most, where there is the most natural chemistry, don't focus on other guys you are less interested in and lead them on, just the one guy you really like. Now get talking to that guy, it can be anything mundane at first just to break the ice, so study stuff is perfect. Then after that ask about more personal stuff, free time, then does he have a girlfriend, check (facebook status, etc) If he seems available then make it easy for him to ask you out, state that you have no boyfriend - or more subtlety but words to that affect - this will put him at ease that he is less likely to make an ass of himself, no guy wants to do that or get embarrassed/humiliated with a rejection. Then follow up by a "...I want to go here/see this/film, etc but no one to go with/everyone I know is busy/need someone to go with etc. If he doesn't pick up at first then prolong discussion of it/hint harder (only stop if it looks he really isn't interested in his facial movements/stance. Try something easy to go to though, avoid nightclubs or anything that might seem ultra social, particularly if guy is a bit studious,etc as it can be off putting and sometimes unsure of whether its a date or a random party scene thing. That should do it :wink:

Hahhhhaha the guy even gets work promotions imo I've had to prove to ppl I'm not an idiot . They think that beauty and brains are mutually exclusive . That you can't be both and you need to learn to compensate one for the other it's just sad gosh just f ppls opinions I'm done goodnight life is stressful you can't please everyone just be you xxxx
you single?

YOU should start putting in the effort to talk to guys and seek out guys. why? because guys are shy. as you've undoubtedly found out. moreover most guys; are used to girls of your "caliber" (i do not believe you're 'hot'. in addition, IG likes mean nothing; and so far you've done nothing to prove you're "stunning". finally, i'm not an advocate of people promoting themselves based on what they look like. beauty only lasts till the morning. what else do you have going for you? artist? dancer? what? what makes you different from the other air heads out there for you to justify that you're worth a catch?) shutting them down or being as much of a bitch and a gold-digger as they possible could be; simply because they can. therefore you'd find that guys in general either do NOT approach you (because they will undoubtedly get rejected) or they'd assume that you have a boyfriend (which in 95% of cases appear to be the norm).

ergo, my opening statement recommending YOU to do the work; rather than the guys. improve yourself; stating/using IG as a form of identification/confidence booster/hobby will only lead to more vanity, pain & a shallow lifestyle/substantiated way of living.

Conclusion:
1) increase your hobbies/passion in life.
2) Approach more guys (preferably in a social, non-club, setting. i can't think of any of those scenarios as i.. havn't located them yet. my best hunch would be to either take up classes {if you're not in uni} or join societies {if you are in uni}).
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending