Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've submitted my application and now we're in the waiting period. Unfortunately I have had a change in circumstance (doesn't mean inter-foundation school transfer criteria) and I really want to swap my choices over.

Does anyone know if this is even possible? Can it be done before we're allocated in March?

Thanks

KT
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I dunno what the answer is but if I were you I'd either get on the phone to your medical school for some advice or try ringing the FPAS people themselves. Best and quickest way to get an accurate answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smernoff)
    I've submitted my application and now we're in the waiting period. Unfortunately I have had a change in circumstance (doesn't mean inter-foundation school transfer criteria) and I really want to swap my choices over.

Does anyone know if this is even possible? Can it be done before we're allocated in March?

Thanks

KT

Hi, I hope you have some luck. My boyfriend is in exactly the same position, our personal cicumstances have changed, but don't meet the IFST criteria. He emailed the FPAS enquiries but they just said that there is no option to amend selections once in the system. I'm not sure there is anything that can be done about it... but please let me know if you do get anywhere. Wishing we could go back in time to October and change the top two choices around...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuw)
    Hi, I hope you have some luck. My boyfriend is in exactly the same position, our personal cicumstances have changed, but don't meet the IFST criteria. He emailed the FPAS enquiries but they just said that there is no option to amend selections once in the system. I'm not sure there is anything that can be done about it... but please let me know if you do get anywhere. Wishing we could go back in time to October and change the top two choices around...

It's so annoying that we have to apply really early when so many things can change in one year. I emailed FPAS but they have not replied and my medical school is awful. Has he had any joy? You never know things may work out in the wrong order...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smernoff)
    It's so annoying that we have to apply really early when so many things can change in one year. I emailed FPAS but they have not replied and my medical school is awful. Has he had any joy? You never know things may work out in the wrong order...
    Unfortunately, we haven't had any luck. However we came across the LAT F2 scheme http://careers.bmj.com/careers/advic...wn_opportunity and he's considering this. So maybe in F2 if we were lucky he could get into the deanery he wants.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get anywhere with this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.