Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There is no God, AMA! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    As far as I know there are no scientific tests and experiments being conducted to prove this. Or could you link some?
    *may be scientists working on it

Come on, there must be physicists who are also theists out there who are determined to prove the existence of God, let's not deny that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire_and_ice)
    Nonetheless, they are in fact claims of experiencing The Divine. You can't exactly prove against something one feels.

Reincarnation. The concept of Souls. Souls wanting to reunite with God/ enter the world of forms.

I'm simply playing the devils advocate here and arguing against everything you argue.
    You may be interested to know that Buddhism believe in souls, but not in a god.

There also used to be an atheist on here who believed in an afterlife, but no god.

ReputationRep:
    You may be interested to know that Buddhism believe in souls, but not in a god.

There also used to be an atheist on here who believed in an afterlife, but no god.
    I thought Buddhism didn't accept the concept of souls - Anatman (no Self) :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    I thought Buddhism didn't accept the concept of souls - Anatman (no Self) :curious:
    Really? But it believes in reincarnation, how can that happen without a soul? :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    A feeling is just that. Nothing else to say.

Souls do not require a God.

Knowing something exists/existed is not the same as knowing the nature of said thing. It is near certain a singularity existed at t=0, but beyond that our knowlege is cloudy.
    Of course. But it does give you some sort of guideline in order to work on proving/gaining more knowledge on that thing through the method of falsification.

ReputationRep:
    Really? But it believes in reincarnation, how can that happen without a soul? :hmmmm:
    I believe they call it rebirth rather than reincarnation.
    Can't remember what the big technical difference between the two is though :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire_and_ice)
    *may be scientists working on it

Come on, there must be physicists who are also theists out there who are determined to prove the existence of God, let's not deny that.
    There are undoubtedly scientists who are also theists but I don't see how they'd be able to prove God experimentally.

ReputationRep:
    I believe they call it rebirth rather than reincarnation.
    Can't remember what the big technical difference between the two is though :lol:
    Is there a difference? After all, how can you be reborn without a soul?

ReputationRep:
    Is there a difference? After all, how can you be reborn without a soul?
    I could be wrong, but I believe that what the Buddhists talk about is that the elements that come together to form your body are then recycled to form other living beings (like animals) and that process is called rebirth.

Tbh though I am not sure on that at all, so don't quote me on it :laugh:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    I won't stop until you all realise there is no God and you all have lived stupidly easy lives if you believe in God
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't see the irony that you sound just like the religious preachers you're arguing against?

"I won't stop trying to change your mind until you believe the ultimate truth?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    What is a Frechet derivative?
    Haven't studied it in 2 years, but if I remember correctly, compared to the "real" derivative Frechet is a generalized one whose range is a set of vectors.

Edit: also, there is no God. But since I should stick to the context, what's your favourite fruit? Mine's a banorange.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  fruit3.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  17.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    I was under that impression as well.. If that is the case reincarnation in Buddhism is very different to how Hindus interpret it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishea16)
    but if there is a God then you die knowing you never even tried looking for him..
    But there clearly isn't a god otherwise my life wouldn't be so utterly rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishea16)
    but then again faith and hope is the reason why so many people dont commit suicide, why people see a reason to keep going

plus having faith in god, cant see how that is dangerous, u got nothing to lose
    Nothing to lose but nothing to gain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ask me anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMandarine)
    Haven't studied it in 2 years, but if I remember correctly, compared to the "real" derivative Frechet is a generalized one whose range is a set of vectors.

Edit: also, there is no God. But since I should stick to the context, what's your favourite fruit? Mine's a banorange.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  fruit3.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  17.9 KB
    Does a banorange actually exist?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AMA guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I said AMA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If there is a god why is he not telling people to reply to my thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    You don't see the irony that you sound just like the religious preachers you're arguing against?

"I won't stop trying to change your mind until you believe the ultimate truth?"
    If there is a god why is my internet not working

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.