The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

It said u had to use something From the picture and it talked something about the substrate at the bottom so I talked about that
IT'S DEFINITELY SOMETHING ABOUT SUBSTRATE
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jamescullen2505
What was the other function of the channel protein?

I said it synthesised the cellulose as substrate went in, and cellulose came out. I thought it was just a protein, not necessarily a channel protein, but I may be wrong. Wasn't that exam hideous!!
Original post by bethchapman
I said it synthesised the cellulose as substrate went in, and cellulose came out. I thought it was just a protein, not necessarily a channel protein, but I may be wrong. Wasn't that exam hideous!!

Ya i hated it but it kinda got easy near the end
That graph question ****ed me up man

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clintbarton
That graph question ****ed me up man

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yuuuuup. I did the axis, and wrote a title, and guessed what the graph showed hahaha
Didn't read the standard form bit but standard form on a graph?????????????? Bye

Posted from TSR Mobile
'What do mRNA and my grades have in common?? They both have a U' top banter on Twitter here 😭😂😂😂

Seriously thought I found it pretty easy. Just that graph ****ed me up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 227
Was the movement of substances Q S and for non polar molecules diffuse through phospholipid membrane?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Doxoco
Was the movement of substances Q S and for non polar molecules diffuse through phospholipid membrane?

I put that! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
how did everyone fine it?
I thought it was ****
Reply 230
Since when does a carrier protein synthesise cellulose
It was alright, I just hated that bloody graph and standard form crap, can anyone get the paper we did off their teacher and PM or something just so I can use it to revise for paper 2, or if anyone remembers all the topics that came up because I feel like i'm forgetting a few, I just know there is going to be so many practical questions in paper 2. What questions did you guys find the hardest ?
Yoo REPLY ASAP!! u know for the antibody production question, i wrote all the steps from phagocytosis to production of memory cells, but then i started rewriting it all, continuing from answer but i ran out of time/!!, will the first part get marked as nothing was crossed out, i just wanted to make it neater but got to B-cell production the second time, but all stages were previously fully explained!!! What would the examiners mark?????
Reply 233
The carrier proteins were clumped together so on the figure shown so I just mentioned that they gain stability to the phospholipid bilayer and they can reduce fluidity at high temperatures
Original post by OfficialChemist
Yoo REPLY ASAP!! u know for the antibody production question, i wrote all the steps from phagocytosis to production of memory cells, but then i started rewriting it all, continuing from answer but i ran out of time/!!, will the first part get marked as nothing was crossed out, i just wanted to make it neater but got to B-cell production the second time, but all stages were previously fully explained!!! What would the examiners mark?????

All of it. They go through it and tick it when you make a correct point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I worked out the rate of hydrolysis in minutes- didn't work out standard deviation and didn't plot the graph, but drew the axis
Original post by OfficialChemist

should still get marked yeh
Reply 237
For the production of antibodies all you had to say was that they contain antigens. The vaccine is a weakened form of the pathogen. B cells are stimulated by T cells. Memory cells and antibodies are produces. These would of been the 4 marking points on that question for sure
Paper was quite easy, didn't write standard form though and barely finished the last question so had no time to check lol. Calibration curve question was BOMB!!!!!
I said the carrier protein acts as an enzyme would that get a mark???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending