Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r4ch43l)
    On the picture of the mitochondria what was it pointing to the matrix or the cristae, it was a pretty close call but I said cristae.
    Was unclear but I think it was Cristae too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clintbarton)
    Why did you have to do an internal exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by rafiuddin)
    damn, unlucky, how comes?
    Because in our school peolpe who are continuing to A level dont get to sit AS. so they just make a crappy paper with really high grade boundaries and give a prediction on that. And people said grammar schools were good :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem)
    Because in our school peolpe who are continuing to A level dont get to sit AS. so they just make a crappy paper with really high grade boundaries and give a prediction on that. And people said grammar schools were good :/
    lol, your school cheaped out, hope you're not paying for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zak7399)
    same , needed more time
    Yep, definitely. I just hope that paper 2 is alright and that the boundaries drop haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G.name)
    I measured 85mm :\
    same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G.name)
    How did you calculate rate?
    Are you talking about the graph or the table?
    For the graph that you were given you had to:
    Draw a tangent, calculate gradient of tangent?
    For the table that you had to fill:
    You took the concentration and divide it by 60. It wanted the rate of reaction in the units gdm^-3min^-1 so you had to get the rate per minute and you were told the time was an hour.

ReputationRep:
    lol, your school cheaped out, hope you're not paying for it
    Do you reckon im gonna be at a disadvantage when applying for uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenLovesMaths)
    Yep, definitely. I just hope that paper 2 is alright and that the boundaries drop haha
    Yeah need to do much better on paper 2 and make sure I answer every question!

ReputationRep:
    The last question I'm fairly sure I got no marks on. I think for once I did ok with the maths though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightAtTheEnd)
    Are you talking about the graph or the table?
    For the graph that you were given you had to:
    Draw a tangent, calculate gradient of tangent?
    For the table that you had to fill:
    You took the concentration and divide it by 60. It wanted the rate of reaction in the units gdm^-3min^-1 so you had to get the rate per minute and you were told the time was an hour.
    And for every value calculated did you get something x10^3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem)
    Do you reckon im gonna be at a disadvantage when applying for uni?
    no you shouldn't be, but your grade is gonna be mainly what your teachers thinks you'll get rather than based on these papers since you didn't do the AQA oneso better be buddying up to your teacher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zak7399)
    Yeah need to do much better on paper 2 and make sure I answer every question!
    Same here, how many questions did you miss out? I only missed out two 1-markers but the whole of Q9 and last part of Q8 were rushed so I probably didn't get many marks in them :/

ReputationRep:
    I managed to finish a bit early with detailed response but a lot of people from my school didn't get to question 9 properly? I just want to ask for my friends, did you guys find the time constraints to be a bit 'tight'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenLovesMaths)
    Same here, how many questions did you miss out? I only missed out two 1-markers but the whole of Q9 and last part of Q8 were rushed so I probably didn't get many marks in them :/
    I missed the 4 mark graph, planned to do it at the end but was running out of time so rushed the comprehension question without thinking properly. I basically panicked for some reason and timing made it worse.

ReputationRep:
    no you shouldn't be, but your grade is gonna be mainly what your teachers thinks you'll get rather than based on these papers since you didn't do the AQA oneso better be buddying up to your teacher
    Yh, and our schools gonna have massive grade boundaries too :/ like 80% for A or something. They are even making us do an essay in paper 2!

ReputationRep:
    I managed to finish a bit early with detailed response but a lot of people from my school didn't get to question 9 properly? I just want to ask for my friends, did you guys find the time constraints to be a bit 'tight'.
    Yeah :/

ReputationRep:
    Does a prokaryotic cell have RNA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneandOnly123)
    magnification= 2125
    Magnification was 21250? I think your missing a 0. The length was 8.5 cm = 85 mm = 85,000 micrometers.
    85000/4.

ReputationRep:
    not really, had a lot of time left, so did a few in the hall from what i could see. Most people i asked didn't answer Q9 properly cause they didn't know what to write rather than being out of time

ReputationRep:
    Magnification was 21250? I think your missing a 0. The length was 8.5 cm = 85 mm = 85,000 micrometers.
    85000/4.
    You could just do 85 mm =0.085m 4micrometers = 4*10^-6m 0.85/4*10^-6 = 21250

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.