Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggiedavies)
    I agree the tangent is the proper and concise way to do it.
    But it's not what the examiners want for this Bio spec exam and I don't know why. When you look at past papers / specimen paper, it doesn't say what they did to work it out but when you look at what method marks and calculations they have done along with the general correct answer, it is obvious that they have drew across rather than a tangent.
    Right not going to lie first I drew lines then read question is said I remeber 'show on Diagram how you got your answer' trust me that means tangent 😂😭😂 so I did the beautiful tangent

ReputationRep:
    what was the paper out of ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clintbarton)
    Attachment 538969

This is the correct curve apparently. Well I lost six marks HAHAH

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put the days on x and the rate on the y axis. Oops. How many am i losing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clintbarton)
    15-17. I hope. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At least 10 probably more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameer99)
    as always i made a couple of silly mistakes and gave away a few very easy marks but i still found that paper ok

i hated that graph question, did anyone get their rates between 1.2x10^-3 and 4x10^-3,
    yh it was standard form so you can convert to decimals later if you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisdale98)
    dont stress about that, its wrong imo and everyone will lose all those marks so wont really affect anything at the end of the day

ReputationRep:
    How did people find it? I've been hearing a range from 'pretty easy' to 'difficult'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mina_)
    How did people find it? I've been hearing a range from 'pretty easy' to 'difficult'
    I found it difficult tbh. Hopefully the next paper will be ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlyy27114)
    How many marks do think you have all dropped ?
    Don't know how many marks I'll lose for not writing in standard form, didn't mention ATP synthase (mentioned condensation, ADP + Pi and "enzyme"), last question question 9 probably a few marks here and there, lol yeah. And maybe marks everywhere in the paper because loss of keywords and all that but not too bad I think.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon low-ish grade boundaries for this paper. 70% A? 75%?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone got unoffical markscheme

ReputationRep:
    for the microscope question, said something along the lines of what feature of the microscpe can be seen from the image, what did u guys write, i wrote the image being black and white

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    also for the question on statistics, i put mean? some people said they put standard deviation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harryalex1)
    for the microscope question, said something along the lines of what feature of the microscpe can be seen from the image, what did u guys write, i wrote the image being black and white

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No it can't be black and white because how can u differentiate form TEM, it was 3D

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wasn't it about Scanning Electron Microscopes?
    I wrote 3D image.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was because the resolution was high as objects close together was distinguishable such as the matrix

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlyy27114)
    It was because the resolution was high as objects close together was distinguishable such as the matrix
    That would be for both SEM and TEM as they are both electron microscopes. They specifically asked for SEM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mina_)
    That would be for both SEM and TEM as they are both electron microscopes. They specifically asked for SEM.
    That's what I thought! What did u put in your ans? I said SEM has lower resolution than TEM harder to distinguish two points(maybe this is a load of sh*t)😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellyalisonchow)
    That's what I thought! What did u put in your ans? I said SEM has lower resolution than TEM harder to distinguish two points(maybe this is a load of sh*t)😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said a 3D image is produced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisdale98)
    That's the right way to do it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.