Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YsfAli)
    I dont get it, i thought the specimen papers are already up on the aqa website for new spec?
    Idk if its updated, but only teachers should have access to the one i posted

ReputationRep:
    Nah only the first set of specimens are there. Do you have the MS for this paper and do u happen to have paper 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BinyQuan)
    Nah only the first set of specimens are there. Do you have the MS for this paper and do u happen to have paper 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YsfAli)
    Nop just paper 1 with answers

ReputationRep:
    Nop just paper 1 with answers
    Kl, thanks for the paper

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know the 6 required practicals off by heart for the AS exams?? Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 647
Size:  27.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OfficialChemist)
    Do we need to know the 6 required practicals off by heart for the AS exams?? Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 647
Size:  27.1 KB
    I'm sure we do because my teacher mentioned that we may get questions on them just did the root one yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How are you guys gonna revise for the required practical questions? Idk what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusufff)
    How are you guys gonna revise for the required practical questions? Idk what to do
    did you not complete these practicals in school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virolite)
    did you not complete these practicals in school?
    Lol yeah we did but still, feel like I need to revise/go over it all

ReputationRep:
    http://postimg.org/gallery/2naaf9on6/

Uploaded all my pic with answer to paper 1
    I dont get Q 3.3, can anyone explain it?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone finding the specimen paper from this spec harder than the past papers from the previous spec?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for uploading the images, this paper is a lot easier than the ones online. Are the answers you wrote correct from the mark scheme??

ReputationRep:
    anyone got the chemistry OCR practice papers that you need a password to access? Need to do some more revision and my teacher is a useless mong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinker13)
    Anyone finding the specimen paper from this spec harder than the past papers from the previous spec?
    YES. Even for AQA Chem. I feel like past papers aren't even helping because of the specimens! D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem)
    Ratios were calculated and as the ratios of the 2 were similar it showed that there was barely any difference (v vague sorry I just briefly looked at Q)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem)

1) Head + body = 112.3 + 9.3 = 121.6mm (you + to get the total length and you - to find the length of the head)

Head = 112.3 - 9.3 = 103mm -> 103/121.6

*the SD is 9.3 (you + or - this value)

You do the same for the other 3 values given.

For the ratios:

Head + body/ tail -> 112.3/105.5 = 1.06:1

95.2/90.2 = 1.05:1

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have paper two?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I need help with exam technique, I recently did a paper 2 specimen and did not do good as I hoped to have done so. I don't really know how I did so bad as I put the correct stuff in but whether its to do with me not reading the question properly or I just don't know how to apply to answer the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did that practice paper two as a mock today. What a load of ******** LMAOOO not joking the whole thing was graphs. I'm going to fail everything.

This is what's on it. Hope some of you can do better than me because I absolutely flunked that. Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1462804951.663325.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  134.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.