Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafiuddin)
    if they used any larger conc, the circles would overlap, thus ruining the experiment etc
    Rahh wrote that still

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virolite)
    hydrolysis of ATP produces phosphate which is evidence for respiration occuring

phosphate is also used in the formation of bilayer (cell membrane) which indicates cell division etc..

Do you for the question on why you test FEV on 25 year olds the (2mark one) and the one about how to make sure the FEV is a reliable mean???

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought two really strange questions were the Stair Walking FEV1 question and the 40% disinfectant, what did you get for them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigocarn)
    Yes!!
    Also, what did you get for the 'walking up the stairs' FEV question?
    low FEV= less air breathed in and out, low conc gradient from capilarries to air etc, less O2 for respiration, less energy released at the respiring cells, thus more tiring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jumay)
    Yeah I thought two really strange questions were the Stair Walking FEV1 question and the 40% disinfectant, what did you get for them?
    40% one, any more it would overlap

FEV one, less air breathed in and out, low conc gradient, less O2, less respiration, less energy released at respiring cells

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello_987123)
    Do you for the question on why you test FEV on 25 year olds the (2mark one) and the one about how to make sure the FEV is a reliable mean???
    dont know which question asked about why chose 25 year olds

but the reliable one, i wrote large sample and chosen randomly, pretty generic answers though

ReputationRep:
    the diameter wasn't three times bigger, but the area was, you had to find area not just the diameter
    this.

ReputationRep:
    low FEV= less air breathed in and out, low conc gradient from capilarries to air etc, less O2 for respiration, less energy released at the respiring cells, thus more tiring
    how many marks was it?

ReputationRep:
    how many marks was it?
    3 iirc

ReputationRep:

FEV one, less air breathed in and out, low conc gradient, less O2, less respiration, less energy released at respiring cells
    Yeah got something along those lines for the FEV1

What do you mean by overlap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jumay)

The clear zones.

ReputationRep:

And produces lactic acid ...due to low supple of oxygen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jumay)

the clear zones in the petri dish from one paper disk and another (the >40% one) would overlap, so you wont be able to calculate the area of each clear zone accurately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asad_2015)
    And produces lactic acid ...due to low supple of oxygen
    rahh, didn't write that, hopefully the rest i wrote is enough for 3 marks

ReputationRep:
    the clear zones in the petri dish from one paper disk and another (the >40% one) would overlap, so you wont be able to calculate the area of each clear zone accurately
    What did you get for the adaptation question re: the embryos?

ReputationRep:
    rahh, didn't write that, hopefully the rest i wrote is enough for 3 marks
    Tbf lactic acid isn't mentioned in the textbooks or specification, so I doubt it will be a marking point.

ReputationRep:
    What did you get for the adaptation question re: the embryos?
    don't remember the question, can you give more detail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwifruit99)
    Wouldn't water move out of the worm? Because water moves from higher water potential in worm to lower water potential in sea water?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep silly me -_- 2 marks gone ****

ReputationRep:
    don't remember the question, can you give more detail?
    I think it was to do with chilling requirement and how the species are able to adapt and respond to seasonal changes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virolite)
    it would never be possible to include every topic within two papers, furthermore if you only revised 6 topics you can't blame AQA if you fail.
    i was just joking lol. But those topics make up about 4/5 chapters which is a third of the spec and the amount of enzymes in there was undeniably abnormal

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.