Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS Level mock results-what are yours? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drriversong)
    Wow, congratulations! You must be like genius with As in both further maths and maths :awesome:
    Nah not at all lol Work work and play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ezaraf)
    if this helps anyone, last year for my AS biology mock i got a U and for the real thing i got an A
    Wow well done, do you have any tips ? why do you think that happened, like did you change your revision technique or do something differently ?

ReputationRep:
    if this helps anyone, last year for my AS biology mock i got a U and for the real thing i got an A

Tips? I'm getting C grades now

ReputationRep:
    resuts:

DEEE

V disappointed

studying:
    geography
    geology
    maths
    economics

target:
    CCCC or BBBB

please help me!!!
    how can i turn E into B by May!!!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    ABCD

A in Philosophy
    B in biology
    C in maths (so many stupid mistakes)
    D in chemistry ( Bloody hate chemistry )

I am fine with them considering I only did day before revision for each subject, and I made a lot of really basic mistakes in maths, I am really happy with my biology result , it's definitely one of my favourite subjects and philosophy is not really that bad at all. But chemistry on the other hand is disgusting, I actually find the subject itself really interesting and I understand the content, I just don't know why I do so bad in the exam but maybe once I start doing past papers I should get better hopefully.

I'm aiming for AAAA

I am really nervous I won't get the grades I want, any advice ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Genghis Khan)
    a)what did you get?
    AAA(*)A(*)
    b)are you disappointed?
    nope
    c)what subjects do you take?
    Govpol, History, Maths and economics
    d)what grades do you want by summer?
    AAAA
    What exam board are you doing for Gov + politics, if I may ask?

ReputationRep:
    a) Got BCE simply due to lots of mistakes and not revising
    b) Not really disappointed
    c Biology, Maths and Further Maths
    d) Want AAA, but need AAB for my course (already comfortable in getting an A easily for Maths, currently at a B for Further Maths, and slowly making my way up to a C in Biology; so should be comfortable in getting an A in past papers within 2months).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erika foster)
    wow i never got those results when i did as back in 2003, my a levels in 2004 were terriblw compared to you guys ****ing hell 94% some on this fourm
    It's surprising tbh as they are making A-levels even harder yet people are achieving better results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candy55)
    It's awesome so far, i struggled at the beginning,but i'm always striving to improve
    I completely agree-at the start I found it hard and got 20/40 in my first mock. However when I started learning how to apply the AOs I have found it way easier! What books are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    D grades in both English Lit and Lang but so close to C grades. How did you guys manage A grades? I wanted atleast A grades and B grades and probably won't get them for the real thing either.
    I think it's all down to revision technique and time management. But this is what these mocks were all about-finding out what works and what doesn't. The people who got As have just found a revision technique that works for them a little bit earlier than others. But don't worry you have months to find something that works for you-good luck

ReputationRep:
    Success stories like these give me hope-thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murakamami)
    What exam board are you doing for Gov + politics, if I may ask?
    aqa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Nah not at all lol Work work and play
    I got an A in GCSE so I worship anyone who does well in it as it was something I always found difficult

ReputationRep:
    a) U,U,U -.-
    b) yes considering i was slumped over my desk for 2 weeks over the christmas holidays only went out for new years and i get back to school and get accused of not revising by my c*nty form tutor
    c) biology, chemistry & psychology
    d) BBA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_study)
    resuts:

DEEE

V disappointed

studying:
    geography
    geology
    maths
    economics

target:
    CCCC or BBBB

please help me!!!
    First you need to identify your weaknesses-was it poor revision technique or poor time management. If it was the former I'd first do a quiz online to find out what learner you are (e.g. kinesthetic, visual etc) and then find revision techniques that best suit your learning profile. If it's the latter then do timed practice papers. It's possible as long as you put the time in-good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nihil_nimis)
    ABCD

A in Philosophy
    B in biology
    C in maths (so many stupid mistakes)
    D in chemistry ( Bloody hate chemistry )

I am fine with them considering I only did day before revision for each subject, and I made a lot of really basic mistakes in maths, I am really happy with my biology result , it's definitely one of my favourite subjects and philosophy is not really that bad at all. But chemistry on the other hand is disgusting, I actually find the subject itself really interesting and I understand the content, I just don't know why I do so bad in the exam but maybe once I start doing past papers I should get better hopefully.

I'm aiming for AAAA

I am really nervous I won't get the grades I want, any advice ?
    They're impressive for only one day's worth of revision The reason that you aren't reaching your target grades could be due to poor time management or poor revision technique but we do these mocks to find out what is working and what isn't. Also make sure you really read the Q in order to avoid these trivial mistakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drriversong)
    I got an A in GCSE so I worship anyone who does well in it as it was something I always found difficult
    Nah, bio, phy, chem, his, econ > maths. Same situation but for the Englishes here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    a) Got BCE simply due to lots of mistakes and not revising
    b) Not really disappointed
    c Biology, Maths and Further Maths
    d) Want AAA, but need AAB for my course (already comfortable in getting an A easily for Maths, currently at a B for Further Maths, and slowly making my way up to a C in Biology; so should be comfortable in getting an A in past papers within 2months).
    For no revision these grades are impressive Good luck for summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_study)
    resuts:

DEEE

V disappointed

studying:
    geography
    geology
    maths
    economics

target:
    CCCC or BBBB

please help me!!!
    Curve its edges :indiff:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm so sorry! I just had to But Diligence, Determination, Dexterity :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Depends on how you look at the last one. I look at it as mastery If you spot the first two, you can strive for mastery!

ReputationRep:
    I will get my mock results on 8th of Feb (i believe), so here are my predictions for them:

a)what did you get?
    I think will get B, C, D, D

b)are you disappointed?
    I will definitely be

c)what subjects do you take?
    Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology (in that order on question a)

d)what grades do you want by summer?
    I'd be hoping for A's, but I would take B in biology anyday

I will post actual grades when I get them and match them against these

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.