The Student Room Group

AS Level mock results-what are yours?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by champ_mc99
I'm actually in my mock week now (two done, two to go). I guess my school is slightly slow.

Anyways, don't you guys think the "jump" from GCSEs to AS we always hear is slightly exaggerated? Maybe it's just me.

Spoiler

I felt the same! Although I guess it's just where different people have different work ethics?

The apparent jump between AS and A2 does scare me though...
Original post by Gogregg
I felt the same! Although I guess it's just where different people have different work ethics?

The apparent jump between AS and A2 does scare me though...

It might be because we cut down from so many different qualifications to much fewer ones which we actually enjoy and are better at.

Apparently A2 is not much of a jump apart from maths.
Our college doesn't have like a massive mock week/season at one go, individual classes just decide if and when.

I've done 2 for Philosophy and got A then B+, then for German I got A I think? Last one I did in Sociology was months ago but I got an A in that also.
It might be because we cut down from so many different qualifications to much fewer ones which we actually enjoy and are better at.

Apparently A2 is not much of a jump apart from maths.

Probably. I'm glad I picked subjects that I enjoy.

I sure hope so! :lol:
a)what did you get?
AABC

b)are you disappointed?
Definitely

c)what subjects do you take?
(In order of grades) Physics, biology, maths and chemistry

d)what grades do you want by summer?
All As.
Original post by drriversong
But the future is just history repeated-well some would argue that. AAAB- but I am dropping psychology at A2 as we just don't click

Ooo damm girl! Well done on your grades :thumbsup:
i got CCCD, physics, chem, psych, maths... i did revise a lot, expected higher for all of them especially maths, i really dont know how im gonna take summer exams... dont know how ppl can be getting straight As in everything... well done to them
I got ACU in maths, computer science, physics (didnt do one for further maths as its self studied). I was happy with maths but disapointed with physics.
I hope to get AAAA in the summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamestg
I'm finding it interesting but the essays take so long!! You?

Would I be able to message you the essay I'm writing currently (once it's finished), to see if what I'm writing is any good? :biggrin:

I really like it-might take it for uni! Of course :h:
Original post by Kyle1198
Wow you people acc did well in your mocks looool I flopped mine!
a)what did you get?
BDEE in Eng lit, History, RS and Politics in that order
b)are you disappointed?
Loll not really because I didn't revise so I got what I deserved. It's a wake up call really.
See above
Well, I really want an A in English Lit because it's my thing and I'm considering it for uni, and Politics since it's one of the easier (not easy, easier) A Levels to get an A in. I would like an A in RS because I like it, but a B would be fine. History I want at least a B. So AAAA-AABB

Passing all your subjects without revision is impressive :h: Well done for the B in one of the harder subjects imo. I take all of your subjects bar RS so I really know how you feel
Original post by TeeEm
I am sure you are a good guy but George Osborne is a bit of an obnoxious politician ... You may be liked more with a more neutral avatar

He does stand out...it's better than having someone like Jeremy Hunt
Original post by ozmo19
For the likes of Maths, practise and understanding are key. For Chemistry/Biology, i literally drill the information into my head. I reread my notes regularly so i don't forget them and then do relevant past paper questions.

I don't really follow a strict regime but i try to focus on my weaknesses and work on them/and my learning method is odd as i rarely make notes but instead just memorise stuff from textbooks as it is. Im a sponge:tongue:Im not sure i can't help on developing that.

Good Luck:wink:

Reply 132
He does stand out...it's better than having someone like Jeremy Hunt

agreed
I'm actually in my mock week now (two done, two to go). I guess my school is slightly slow.

Anyways, don't you guys think the "jump" from GCSEs to AS we always hear is slightly exaggerated? Maybe it's just me.

Spoiler

Good luck with your exams :h: I have heard that A2s are harder than a degree :angry:
Original post by the_jimjam
1)A*BBU
2) Yh the U ruins everything
3) In order of the grades. Psychology, Economics, Maths, Physics
4) AAAA

How did you get an A* at AS? Congratulations though bar from the U-you still have time! :h:
Original post by Inexorably
Our college doesn't have like a massive mock week/season at one go, individual classes just decide if and when.

I've done 2 for Philosophy and got A then B+, then for German I got A I think? Last one I did in Sociology was months ago but I got an A in that also.

Congratulations :clap2:
Original post by Questioness
a)what did you get?
AABC

b)are you disappointed?
Definitely

(In order of grades) Physics, biology, maths and chemistry

All As.

I respect anyone who takes maths and all three sciences-hardest combo imo. You have done well at this stage but I understand how disappointing it can be. Good luck for summer :h:
Original post by asinghj
Ooo damm girl! Well done on your grades :thumbsup:

Thank you! :h: I hope you did well too :smile:
Original post by Zakiiiii
i got CCCD, physics, chem, psych, maths... i did revise a lot, expected higher for all of them especially maths, i really dont know how im gonna take summer exams... dont know how ppl can be getting straight As in everything... well done to them

You have taken a hard combination. You just need to find a revision technique that works for you and then you'll be cool :h:
I respect anyone who takes maths and all three sciences-hardest combo imo. You have done well at this stage but I understand how disappointing it can be. Good luck for summer :h:

Thanks, though I may have gotten an A for physics. It was certainly my biggest mistake. Very foolish of me. smh.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply