Dissertation Survey - Struggling for Participants :(

Watch
SunnyD1995
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all,

I am struggling to get participants for my survey as I can only recruit students. If any of you have 15 minutes to quickly do my survey I would be so so so grateful!

https://demo-account.onlinesurveys.a...oject-stress-3

Thank you in advance,
Daniel
Jenx301
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How come you posted this in Aston Uni when the survey says you go to NTU? Im at NTU as well can I do it to help you out?
SunnyD1995
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jenx301)
How come you posted this in Aston Uni when the survey says you go to NTU? Im at NTU as well can I do it to help you out?
I saw somebody put their survey in this forum, didnt realise it was Aston University hehe sorry ! And of course that would be amazing, thank you!
slurry90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you need to be a current student to do it? Im a graduate (2013) going back as a mature student in sept am i any good to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SunnyD1995
Rep:
?
(Original post by slurry90)
Do you need to be a current student to do it? Im a graduate (2013) going back as a mature student in sept am i any good to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That should be fine Thanks so much!!
evantej
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SunnyD1995)
Hi all,

I am struggling to get participants for my survey as I can only recruit students. If any of you have 15 minutes to quickly do my survey I would be so so so grateful!

https://demo-account.onlinesurveys.a...oject-stress-3

Thank you in advance,
Daniel
I am sorry but this is very poorly designed. You are asking students to provide consent and personal information without any real knowledge of the study they will be participating in (I stopped after page three or four). '[L]ooking at factors that may be able to predict stress in students' is not an enough information to give informed consent.

Did your supervisor not help you design or check things through with you before you published the questionnaire?
slurry90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ive completed it but due to the questions asked I think I should let you know I have generalised anxiety disorder (controlled with meds) incase my results dont fit your other results

Posted from TSR Mobile
SunnyD1995
Rep:
?
(Original post by evantej)
I am sorry but this is very poorly designed. You are asking students to provide consent and personal information without any real knowledge of the study they will be participating in (I stopped after page three or four). '[L]ooking at factors that may be able to predict stress in students' is not an enough information to give informed consent.

Did your supervisor not help you design or check things through with you before you published the questionnaire?
Participants can drop out at any time during the study or up to 6 weeks after participating.

My supervisor and I have a lot of experience in designing online surveys.

Only age, gender and institution are asked of participant whilst identity is kept completely anonymous.

Making the information sheet any longer (which is not necessary anyway) would simply increase the rate of drop out.

Participants are also debriefed at the end with more information as I cannot give too much away prior to taking part.

Finally, there is a lengthy process to getting approval for studies, which needless to say, led to my survey being approved by my universities ethics committee.

However thanks for your concern.
SunnyD1995
Rep:
?
(Original post by slurry90)
Ive completed it but due to the questions asked I think I should let you know I have generalised anxiety disorder (controlled with meds) incase my results dont fit your other results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much Thats no problem at all. Really appreciate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.64%
Excited but a bit nervous (123)
45.9%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.06%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.4%

Watched Threads