Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Date ideas?? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily babezxx)
    A fancy comfy, warming restaurant with amazing food, the day will leave you happy. Or you can do something so memorable that you wont do again, a good way to remember your date.
    Hmm that's a good idea., I have been craving Turkish food for a while. Thanks

(Original post by freedom)
    Mini golf?
    Not to difficult, you can talk, also have a bit of banter. You can even break the touch barrier, but getting behind her and showing her how to play

If anything it will be fun
    Getting behind her 😂😂 maybe I should get behind him* and show him how to play haha. Yeah I guess it would give him a chance to teach me, he's very competitive and I am no good at these kinda games. Thanks!

(Original post by MountKimbie)
    You guys sound so cute
    Lol can't tell if you are being serious here :P

ReputationRep:
    -walk at a park
    -lunch/cafe
    -ice skating
    -movies
    -museum/art gallery (though personally this doesn't really interest me...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icecreamcake)
    -walk at a park
    -lunch/cafe
    -ice skating
    -movies

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hitler:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    :rofl: I hate 'em too

Just making jokes because I don't get dates (in the other sense) :cry2:
    Aww! I don't usually get dates either. Besides I think it's a great time for you to have some well deserved me time. Before you know it you'll have dates lined up.

(Original post by Das Ich Man)
    Yeah i've done it before, mainly because my sense of timing is crap and we end up staying out later than usual.
    I will keep that idea in mind if things progress and it gets warmer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icecreamcake)
    -walk at a park
    -lunch/cafe
    -ice skating
    -movies

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can deal with museums to an extent. Never been to an art gallery. Would spend 99% on the time of the floor at the ice rink 😂

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    Aww! I don't usually get dates either. Besides I think it's a great time for you to have some well deserved me time. Before you know it you'll have dates lined up.

I will keep that idea in mind if things progress and it gets warmer.
    It's good in the cold as well, gives you a reason to get close

ReputationRep:
    I'm not great at planning these things and I tend to leave it to the guy to decide. I want to be in control this time around lmao - no idea where to go though, any ideas?
    Catching up for lunch at a pub on a Sunday afternoon is a good one. There's no pressure about going home to either one's place (though of course it can be arranged) because it's not like going out on a Friday night where it sort-of inexorably leads one way or another. Pub lunch means you do get to drink, but also have a meal and a chat.

What I often do is meet my date somewhere like a museum (the Soane Museum, if you're in London, is awesome) and we explore through it for a while, we get to talk but being in the museum it means there's plenty to talk about and you don't have to much pressure on the conversation, silent pauses etc. And then after we find a pub nearby and have lunch or a drink.

Movies are not good first/second dates because you don't get to talk, you're sitting next to each other which means there can be pressure to grope / kiss before you're actually ready.

ReputationRep:
    Share a bowl of Rice Krispies.

Very romantic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShakiraShakira1)
    clubbing as a date lol wot
    Yeah dancing, it's quite fun.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao. Has this been tried and tested?

Just you! I hate dates
    Let's just say I enjoy the great outdoors when I can 😜😎😜

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Yeah dancing, it's quite fun.
    If you want to dance there's plenty of more civil places than a club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Das Ich Man)
    If you want to dance there's plenty of more civil places than a club
    how are clubs not civil? If you go to a high end club it's fine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.