A Few Questions to Ask: Geology & Phy. Geo

Watch
Ruthikins
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello! ^.^ I just needed to get some questions answered about Edinburgh and some courses

1) Is the Geology and Physical Geography department good?
2) The course I'm interested in is Geology and Phy. Geo. but I really want to do languages too... So is it possible to do that joint course and Japanese? or Chinese with it?
3) What Jobs can I get if I get a degree in Geology and Phy. Geo?
4) Lastly, I'm most interested in Formations and Natural Disasters (Tsunamis etc.) and Volcanos... This is the right course right? I know I'm in 5th year, but I need to know for selecting my subjects for 6th yr ^.^

I loooove learning Asian Languages but I also love the Phy side of Geography so I've been stuck on which one to choose or if I can put them together Thank you!
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
1. Yes

2. Yes, but only for the first two years. Click here to see the degree structure. Edinburgh does also have a language centre where you could learn an Asian language, but this is an extracurricular activity and is done is your spare time.

3. With a geology degree you could work for civil service, local government, banking, business, media, NGOs, charities, engineering companies, the oil sector and a hundred other things.

4. See degree structure link, it lists available modules.
Ruthikins
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
1. Yes

2. Yes, but only for the first two years. Click here to see the degree structure. Edinburgh does also have a language centre where you could learn an Asian language, but this is an extracurricular activity and is done is your spare time.

3. With a geology degree you could work for civil service, local government, banking, business, media, NGOs, charities, engineering companies, the oil sector and a hundred other things.

4. See degree structure link, it lists available modules.
Those links are extremely helpful! Thank you so much ^.^
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.62%
I'm not sure (56)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (351)
29.15%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.91%
I'm not a current university student (586)
48.67%

Watched Threads