Driving Test : Hazard Perception Test Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I too have had problems with the hazard perception test. It really played on my mind, as i don't fail many things and i couldn't see where i was going wrong. It took me 3 attempts to pass it. The multiple choice questions were not a problem for me, as i only got one question wrong over the three tests. Practice is everything for the hazard perception element. I only passed after much practice. The Roadsense DVD is good and so is the Driving Test Success CD-Rom. Buy one of them or both. These show just how early you need to spot the hazards, and it is a lot earlier than you may think in some cases!! Well worth it!! Don't strees like me, it will cost you!!!
.NK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My driving instructor got very excited about the whole thing. In every lesson, every time I saw a hazard I would have to say 'hazard'...Got to the point where I was just saying 'hazard' constantly, at other cars, junctions, pedestrians, roundabouts...

...he got rather carried away and liked to say 'potential hazard' to things I missed, such as binbags on the side of the road (in case a cat ran out from behind them) and wonky signposts (in case they fell in to the road)...

Personally I think the whole thing's made him very paranoid...!

It drove me insane but I passed so I guess it was worth it...!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sarco)
Haven't taken it yet. Its been desribed to me as an arcade game. Also they tested it on driving instructors who all did very badly as they were actually too good at spotting hazards so clicked too early.

Its all good fun isn't it.
I've taken it 4 times now and only passed it once its too hard, well when your doing it,it ist some arcade game its actual video fotage from the streets, with real hazards and you have to click on the mouse when you think there is goning to be a propblem where u may have to stop rapidly or something like that, theres 14 video clips each 1 or 2 miniutes long and theres 15 hazards thoughout so thats 1 per-clip and 2 in 1 of them, but strangly enough you get marked out of 74?. when your doing it though its seems real easy but its diceptive! you think ur doing it right but in the end u may only scrap though or not at all!
Sarco
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I've taken it 4 times now and only passed it once its too hard, well when your doing it,it ist some arcade game its actual video fotage from the streets, with real hazards and you have to click on the mouse when you think there is goning to be a propblem where u may have to stop rapidly or something like that, theres 14 video clips each 1 or 2 miniutes long and theres 15 hazards thoughout so thats 1 per-clip and 2 in 1 of them, but strangly enough you get marked out of 74?. when your doing it though its seems real easy but its diceptive! you think ur doing it right but in the end u may only scrap though or not at all!
Very true. Took the theory test today. Got 34/35 for the questions and 42/75 for the hazard perception test. Thought i had done quite well on it but obviously not. It gave me two 0's meaning you missed the hazard, weird seein as i'm sure i clicked every hazard. Don't click too early as you'll get nothing as well.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sarco)
Very true. Took the theory test today. Got 34/35 for the questions and 42/75 for the hazard perception test. Thought i had done quite well on it but obviously not. It gave me two 0's meaning you missed the hazard, weird seein as i'm sure i clicked every hazard. Don't click too early as you'll get nothing as well.

With respect to other potentially innocent posters I can't help feeling that some fools believe today is April 1st.

I had my theory test last month, the only area that I knew required working on was my basic theory - true enough I worked and tested myself on the recognised Driving test success cd-rom that was given to me by my instructor. As for the Hazard perception, I cannot understand how some people manage to fail it - it's pretty straightforward - I ran it once at home and when I took the test, I cannot believe what the fuss is all about.

Basically it's like what has already been mentioned before - Identify the hazard early enough and indicate where a possible hazard could arise from a hazard. If in doubt click it a few times when you can clearly identify a hazard and you honestly won't go far wrong.

Overall, I scored 34/35 for my theory and 66 for my hazard perception.

Good luck to those taking their forthcoming tests.
reef82
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
It's good to read this thread, I took my HP test earlier today and missed out by 1 point... really gutted, think perhaps half my problem was clicking too early. Arh well no point crying over spilt milk, gonna re-take it on Jan 7th. I've also invested in the HPT CD for PC. At least allow me to get the gist of things??

Cheers folks!
What's Chico Time Precious?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
mines tomorrow, i've got a CD programme of it, its quite good
What's Chico Time Precious?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i'm worrying about clicking too much, if u see a hazard can you click like 2/3/4 times to make sure you get it? i get around 55 score each time i practice so hopefully i'll be ok, bad luck btw
failed
Report 15 years ago
Is there anywhere I can buy a downloadable copy of the Driving test success software?
pasoe1986
Report 14 years ago
im confused som people say clik when u first think a hazard may develop then clik again wen u get closer is this wat everyone suggest ive taken test twice and only clicked once in each clip or twice if theres two hazards on both occasions ive failed by 1 mark please help

(Original post by satty)
oright mate, ill tell ya wat! all ya av ta do is revise fa the actual theory test! if ya go to the DSA online website and practice those questions, then u'll be sorted! i did that and i got 34/35!! and i borrowed the official theory test book by DSA from the local Library!!!! do that

the hazard perception test is piss!* (mind my french)

all u av ta do is press the right or left button of a computer mouse wen u think a hazard may occur!

EG - if u see a kid - Press the button , as u get close to the kid press it again

wen u see a cycle press the button! and again close to it

or a sharp bend!!? and then again as u approach!

remember not to do more than around 5-8 or you will get zero for that scene!

its really easy, i got 59/72 or summin! its really easy

good luk
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (212)
12.76%
Excited (148)
8.9%
Worried (302)
18.17%
Terrified (374)
22.5%
Meh (151)
9.09%
Confused (36)
2.17%