An-HSIN
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I love the environment of Glasgow university;also,I love the convenience of KCL(because it's in London)Really don't know which to choose...And I'm planning to apply a better school in France or Netherland after graduated from university so I would like to get higher grade in the university...I think Glasgow might not be that hard and competitive for me to study,but KCL's reputation seems better than Glasgow(?)Which will you choose????????
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by An-HSIN)
I love the environment of Glasgow university;also,I love the convenience of KCL(because it's in London)Really don't know which to choose...And I'm planning to apply a better school in France or Netherland after graduated from university so I would like to get higher grade in the university...I think Glasgow might not be that hard and competitive for me to study,but KCL's reputation seems better than Glasgow(?)Which will you choose????????
You have posted this is the wrong place so I am going to move it out of the PS help forum for you as I post this.

Both universities will provide you with a high level of education but you are right that KCL is viewed as the more prestigious university in general. It will not, in general, be any easier to achieve a good degree at Glasgow than it is at KCL so I would advise you not to let that misconception guide you. Pick based on location, based on modules, based on other opportunities. Don't pick based on perceived reputation as that is a fast way to make yourself unhappy. To answer your final question: for most subjects I would choose KCL but there are some (such as Celtic studies) that I would prefer to study at Glasgow.

Best of luck with your decision.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (442)
56.31%
I don't have everything I need (343)
43.69%

Watched Threads