Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, a guy that farts a lot is a turnoff? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
    Of course! farting is natural, but like poo and pee it needs to be done properly and away from people. Obviously, every now and then people let one out accidentally (don't get me started on sneeze farts ) but a guy who farts a lot on purpose will not only smell but also most likely be a idiot
    hi i just farted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    It's ****ing disgusting. When people burp and fart near me and I'm eating, or about to eat my food, I lose my appetite and stop immediately.

It's just disgusting. Go do it somewhere else.
    Sometimes when I'm in a cafe I chew my food for a bit and then spit it out to see what it looks like, then I eat it again and it usually tastes better to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    i mean, we (me and my bloke) do fart around each other but we always nip into the bathroom to do it or spray air freshener afterwards, its a normal healthy thing and id be more worried if he didnt than if he did..
    Farting is very normal for males but if you fart a lot it could be a symptom of high testosterone levels I'm afraid. Girls I'm pretty sure don't fart.

ReputationRep:
    People fart on average 15-20 times per day. Trust me, it's nothing abnormal.

Though I'd imagine having a pooey smell following you around all day wouldn't help, generally it's just something to laugh about...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly a turn on but its only natural and you can't help it so it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. In fact, once you become comfortable with each other, you and your partner may even have farting competitions and try and out do each other. That's what me and my partner do lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Not exactly a turn on but its only natural and you can't help it so it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. In fact, once you become comfortable with each other, you and your partner may even have farting competitions and try and out do each other. That's what me and my partner do lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's cool lol.
    Shows that you are very comfortable with eachother

ReputationRep:
    Pretty normal. If a guy just did it once I'd just start laughing because I found fart noises hilarious. If he farts a lot then I'd rather he went out or something so I don't die of suffocation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You know its true love if that happens...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skystarlight)
    Or is it not an issue so much??
    OMG I would sooner die than consider a guy like that...foul

ReputationRep:
    If he's farting a lot he needs to change his diet ASAP. I don't enjoy listening to farts.

ReputationRep:
    Not when I'm eating.

Otherwise, s'all good. I will fart louder, longer, whilst making prolonged eye-contact to assert dominance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plumstone)
    my boyfriend's twin brother makes a point of breaking wind loudly and stinkily (he will often pause whilst speaking in order to let rip)
    what a ledge

ReputationRep:
    Who would want their house to smell like their bf's farts all the time or smell a fart cologne? Ugh. It okay if done once and while but if they're a gas machine... no.

ReputationRep:
    wow....a lot of people take farts really seriously.

I wouldn't care.

ReputationRep:
    Farting is natural but doing it a lot must be a turn off and even worse if it's smelly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.