Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I love cooking and I'm looking for recommendations for recipe/cook books.
    I'm looking to buy books that have:
    - British food
    - fusion food
    - soups/stews
    - desserts (particularly sponges)

If you have a favourite recipe you want to share I am interested!

ReputationRep:
    Gourmet is extremely good as a general one. The Science of Cooking is another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseStar)
    Hey,

- British food
    - fusion food
    - soups/stews

I like "Save with Jamie" by Jamie Oliver. BBC Good Food also do some handy cook books too. They do a range depending on what you're looking for: i.e. quick meals etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseStar)
    Hey,

- British food
    - fusion food
    - soups/stews

I don't feel that cook books are that useful anymore because you can find many recipes online. Have you tried looking online? Otherwise, I also like to go to my local book shop and just look around the cooking section and flip through the books.

ReputationRep:
    I just look for recipes online these days, BBC good food is a pretty good site and there's loads on Jamie Oliver's site too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iluvcats)
    I don't feel that cook books are that useful anymore because you can find many recipes online. Have you tried looking online? Otherwise, I also like to go to my local book shop and just look around the cooking section and flip through the books.
    There is tonnes online... I love BBC Good Food!

But, for me, there's not much quite like flicking through a physical cookbook and balancing it precariously somewhere in your kitchen, with that obligatory blotch or spatter of sauce on a page...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaediatricStN)
    But, for me, there's not much quite like flicking through a physical cookbook and balancing it precariously somewhere in your kitchen, with that obligatory blotch or spatter of sauce on a page...
    Same, but I wouldn't necessarily go buy one since I know I won't make all the recipes in it, so sometimes it's sorta a waste to buy it.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.