The Student Room Group

Business and Management with Chinese V.S. Business studies and economics

Hi

I'm a first year student studying Business and Management with Chinese at the Uni of Manchester, so it's half business and Chinese including a year abroad in China. But I'm not enjoying the language side too much and hope to learn more about economics.

My current course have economics modules for both semesters, which I enjoy a lot because I previously did economics at A level and also accounting but up to AS Level. I never knew that my course don't provide any finance modules which do stuff like income statement or balance sheet which I want to do...

Anyways, I'm going to ask to transfer my degree in the end of my first year. Do you think this is a wise decision.

Business studies VS business, I wonder if it's the same or different. Also for further studying I hope to learn more of economics/accounting/finance related areas.

Please give me some advices, thanks

Also which would is better for future, I know you shouldn't picked by this but I want to know.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes it would be sensible to transfer if you don't enjoy the Chinese part of your degree. Your language modules will only get harder (and if you don't enjoy them, more tedious) as time goes on. You should read carefully the different degree structures / module lists (found in the department website) to see which degree you like best. Business Studies/Business/Economics and Finance etc are all likely to be fairly similar in terms of modules if they're all offered by the same department.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
Yes it would be sensible to transfer if you don't enjoy the Chinese part of your degree. Your language modules will only get harder (and if you don't enjoy them, more tedious) as time goes on. You should read carefully the different degree structures / module lists (found in the department website) to see which degree you like best. Business Studies/Business/Economics and Finance etc are all likely to be fairly similar in terms of modules if they're all offered by the same department.

Well I am somewhat a native speaker in Chinese anyways so I suppose my difficulty compared to beginner won't be as much i.e. less pressure and stress.
But because of this, I don't find the subject stimulating or new to me hence I am thinking to change.

Lastly I want to know which degree is better for the future, I know interest is important and shouldn't should go with one because it will better in the future but I am afraid I will have to do this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending